Anyone else getting tired of the 'Hacking Scandal' coverage?

No, not at all. It's probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, stories to hit the headlines in a long time.

Apart from the Famine in Somalia of course. And the possibility of a US debt default. And the Euro teetering on the brink of restructure/disaster. All we have here is a few corrupt journalists, politicians and police. Newsworthy yes, but not really worthy of wall to wall coverage at the expense of real news. Monbiot Epitomised the hyperbole when he declared it a "fall of the Berlin Wall" moment.:rolleyes:

Apart from the Famine in Somalia of course. And the possibility of a US debt default. And the Euro teetering on the brink of restructure/disaster. All we have here is a few corrupt journalists, politicians and police. Newsworthy yes, but not really worthy of wall to wall coverage at the expense of real news. Monbiot Epitomised the hyperbole when he declared it a "fall of the Berlin Wall" moment.:rolleyes:

The level of international news coverage remains about the same.

Given that parliament has been recalled and that the Prime Minister is addressing the issue directly, it's far from inconsequential.

The people who voted for Bercow as speaker deserve a pat on the back.

The level of international news coverage remains about the same.

Given that parliament has been recalled and that the Prime Minister is addressing the issue directly, it's far from inconsequential.

The people who voted for Bercow as speaker deserve a pat on the back.

The level of international coverage isnt the same at all, we have had the 24 hr news channels dedicating hours at a time to this. The front pages are plastered with it. If you re-read my post you will see i agree its newsworthy but i question the level of coverage at the expense of news which is far more important in the big scheme of things. The media loves talking about itself and the politicians are gratefull for the chance to gain the moral high ground after the expenses embarassment. Hence the coverage

it's become a which hunt for the lefty luvvies:love:

Which witch is being hunted?;)

Go John Bercow, we need him here to sort out the childish behaviour on SF's debates!

Constant accusations/references of childishness are equally as childish.

but is he forgetting that his own press man was less than pure?

Who's that then, 'cause it can't be Meddleson as he has not been part of LieBore whilst Millipede has been leader?:P

Apparently the novels she writes are quite down and dirty.

Not any more.

Meanwhile, I was going through a personal revolution. I slowly started to rediscover my Catholic faith, which meant changing my own behaviour. In my late twenties, I came to accept Catholic teaching, including on sexuality and marriage — it was a slow, gradual realisation, more than any overnight switch. Eventually, I realised that my personal moral code meant that I could not write any more passionate scenes.

The level of international coverage isnt the same at all, we have had the 24 hr news channels dedicating hours at a time to this. The front pages are plastered with it. If you re-read my post you will see i agree its newsworthy but i question the level of coverage at the expense of news which is far more important in the big scheme of things. The media loves talking about itself and the politicians are gratefull for the chance to gain the moral high ground after the expenses embarassment. Hence the coverage

You choose what news you consume. The buffet varies, but there's always something.

Some weeks you get a banquet!

Archived