Anyone else getting tired of the 'Hacking Scandal' coverage?

Nothing that the people in charge gets up to surprises me,after all,they all s£$t in the same pot,so I just ignore it,there is an off switch on the telly,and I only buy a paper for the funnies and puzzles.

Apart from the Famine in Somalia of course. And the possibility of a US debt default. And the Euro teetering on the brink of restructure/disaster. All we have here is a few corrupt journalists, politicians and police. Newsworthy yes, but not really worthy of wall to wall coverage at the expense of real news. Monbiot Epitomised the hyperbole when he declared it a "fall of the Berlin Wall" moment.:rolleyes:

Considering one of the major players in how you receive your news and millions worldwide, is in the dock, and by default all journalism equally so, I would hazard to guess that statement a tad naive. The outcome of this wont only be reserved to Murdock.

Just to put some perspective on exactly how seriously the police view this matter:

They have just increased the manpower from 45 to 60 on phone hacking and all related matters.

In 'Operation Carnaby' which was set up to catch people involved in disturbances at the Anti Poll Tax Demo on 01/04/1990, there were 125 officers working full time in an investigation that lasted more than a year.

Nothing that the people in charge gets up to surprises me,after all,they all s£$t in the same pot,so I just ignore it,there is an off switch on the telly,and I only buy a paper for the funnies and puzzles.

Fair point. We were all shocked at the hacking of the phones of murder victims, but is anyone shocked or surprised that some police officers are corrupt or that some MPs, both Tory and Labour – have very close links with newspaper editors and journalists? It’s all becoming a bit of a bore now.

I could never get bored of watching corrupt bigwigs squirm.

So when will they then? I mean the MPs, obviously. Where was the immediate enquiry into the illegal wars in Iraq and the bombing of Libya? Where is it re. the imminent (but totally predictable) collapse of the Euro, and it possibly dragging down the World economy? Who was grilled over David Kelly's murder?

No, it's all very convenient for Milliband (as if he can talk...) and the Biased Brainwashing Corporation who relish the downfall of a rival media outlet.

Talking of which, I used to be a fan of Newsnight, but the last 2-3 weeks have been exclusively about this over-hyped bore. Mind, last night they did bury another story about 'How the EU can get out of its curret mess' by.....that luminary of financial expedience....Ed Balls. :roll:

It seems every news broadcaster and paper have forgotten about any other news...not very good given we have issues including;

Euro Crisis

US Dollar debt

Arab Spring (who cares now?!)

Afghan War

African Famine (sorry Africa, not that bothered, some rich toffs are spoiling themselves!)

It seems Rupert Murdoch and Ms Brooks cant go to the loo without it being reported yet all these stories are being neglected!

Surely we could just let the inquiry deal with it without 24 hours of coverage draggin out people who arent connected with it and asking their opinions?!

Sorry, I just feel the press have gone mental on this point scoring thing, ya know, Sky vs BBC, Mail vs Independant; who can report the most

Why post about it then? :hihi:

So when will they then? I mean the MPs, obviously. Where was the immediate enquiry into the illegal wars in Iraq and the bombing of Libya? Where is it re. the imminent (but totally predictable) collapse of the Euro, and it possibly dragging down the World economy? Who was grilled over David Kelly's murder?

No, it's all very convenient for Milliband (as if he can talk...) and the Biased Brainwashing Corporation who relish the downfall of a rival media outlet.

Talking of which, I used to be a fan of Newsnight, but the last 2-3 weeks have been exclusively about this over-hyped bore. Mind, last night they did bury another story about 'How the EU can get out of its curret mess' by.....that luminary of financial expedience....Ed Balls. :roll:

You seem to have confused me with someone who said this issue would right all political wrongs and bring an end to all corruption.

Archived