Should Chesterfield, Barnsley, Rotherham etc become 'Greater Sheffield'?

Barnsley is God's little acre where children skip and dance in the street, it's always sunny and the people are just wonderful and welcoming. Sheffield is shall we say, polar opposite, The last time i visited Sheffield the police pulled my car over, I was quizzed,...did I have any weapons? ME!....when I said "of course not!" the policeman said ...here have some..you'll need weapons around here!....

While Sheffielders would be proud to be part of Barnsley, Barnsley wouldn't want to be Sheffielders altough they paid for the student olympics and the trams

Yup! 'The Leeds City Region Partnership brings together the eleven local authorities of Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, Craven, Harrogate, Kirklees, Leeds, Selby, Wakefield, York and North Yorkshire County Council to work with businesses and partners toward a common prosperous and sustainable city region in areas such as transport, skills, housing, spatial planning and innovation.'

Leeds City Region: http://www.leedscityregion.gov.uk/

Barnsley is also part of the proposed Sheffield city region, but at the present time the Sheffield city region and the Leeds city region don't exist.

• 2 months later...
Would Rotherham, Barnsley, Chesterfield and Doncaster actually want to become part of "Greater Sheffield" though? I'd think not personally, and even Barnsley is now included in the Leeds area, and is included as part of the Leeds City Region. Now wouldn't it be funny if Rotherham, our closest neighbour, did the same thing... :hihi:

Chesterfield absolutely not. 100% & resolutely Derbyshire.

Archived