Male superiority

Presumably in the 2nd case mentioned, it was the CPS that decided to charge the man with manslaughter and not murder, and that would (at a guess) be because his defence could reasonably argue that he had not intended to kill her. It's difficult to make the same argument when you've stabbed someone repeatedly.

So different circumstances, different charges brought, different judges (I assume), and different sentences. I'm struggling to see what's surprising about the outcome.

Any stats on what kind of men commit these murders? Are they every type of man, or are they from particular groups? junkies? alco's? yuppies? neds?

I think the percentages mentioned are statistically the same'ish for all crime, not just violent.

It seems genetics is the favourite theory. Most women who are habitual criminals have been found that exposure to male hormones/androgens during foetal development colours their later aggressive/violent behaviour. Just reading a book on this exact subject at mo. Very interesting.

Men commit almost 90% of domestic homicides, and the victims are their female partners - who have often been previously battered by their killers. This means that females kill 20%.

:huh: Men = 90% Women 20% thats 110% :huh::huh:

Archived