Rupert Murdoch's a good bloke leave him alone..

As far as I'm concerned there's no evidence to link the Murdochs to the Dowler family hacking. Why on earth would they get involved with that?

That may be the case, but the corporate governance issues mean that the the Murdoch's should have put in place systems that should both stop and report any illegal wrong doing to them. The fact that they never, even after reports of illegal wrong doing, and also the fact that there is no substantial evidence of any investigation into the reports of illegal wrong doing, and even now they say they had no knowledge of it, speaks volumes.

They may not be responsible for the actions of their employees, but they are accountable.

Murdoch is the nominal (at age 80, I don't expect he puts in that many hours per week) head of a company which employs 53,000 people worldwide.

"Tell me, Mr Murdoch, Sir ... why do you not know exactly what each of your employees (and given that most of the crimes were probably committed by 'mid level' [relatively junior] employees.) Why didn't you know exactly what each and every one of your employees was doing at all times?

(Logicalanswer: Äre you interested in sexandtravel? - Many of my readers are interested in sex and travel. If you too are interested in sex and travel, please arrange this well known phrase or saying:

Off <REMOVED>.

I don't get paid for this. I can afford to claim to be as sharp as a mars bar.

It's politics, boys and girls. - You'll all be allowed to forget about it when we have a rat with a longer tail to chase.

Yes RM couldn't possibly oversee what all his employers were doing, James however was more hands on as was Rebekah Brooks.

It has been mentioned how Wendi Murdoch leapt to her husband's defence, but no mention of the guy who pushed her out of the way - who was he?

And Piers Morgans not a happy camper after being accused bragging about hacking when he worked for the paper.

Louise Mensch could be in trouble for that comment if she repeats it outside of parliamentary privilege. It was fun watching her trying to avoid doing just that on youtube - well worth a watch.

Piers Moron came out looking good - and he coming in on a phone line. Mrs Mensch was there in full Glorious Technicolor and was basically spiked rather well by him.

Archived