Rupert Murdoch's a good bloke leave him alone..

Imagine that , Piers Morgan bragged about his phone hacking days in his book , and I was just starting to like him.

Piers Morgan also published a load of fake photographs of British soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners and passed them off as authentic.

Whatever your views on Murdoch, don't you think that those that are putting the boot in are hypocritical scum?

They all sucked up to him and then when it looks as if he's weakened, knife him the back!

Politicians:gag:...........don't you just love 'em

Scum is a bit strong but it's certainly an opportunity for Murdoch detractors to simply wallow in their own indignation and yes they're definitely hypocritical moaning on about how much power he had. I saw Harriet Harman on TV a couple of weeks back, asked why she nor her government attempted to tackle the issue, she replied "because we thought he was too powerful", what a pathetic response, trying to make out they wanted to do something about it when in fact Murdoch was visiting Downing Street via the back door and having tea with Brown.

Supposedly 'liberal' people that would normally preach 'innocent 'till proven guilty' to the rest of us now cheer an old man who hasn't been found guilty of anything (yet) being pelted in the face.

"Tell me, Mr Murdoch, Sir ... why do you not know exactly what each of your employees (and given that most of the crimes were probably committed by 'mid level' [relatively junior] employees.) Why didn't you know exactly what each and every one of your employees was doing at all times?

The thing is though he admitted that he talks to all his editors regularly so claiming never to have been told that one of his papers had had to pay out almost £2million in hush money just doesn't stand up. I don't care how big his empire is, sums of money like that don't get paid without someone higher up taking notice.

If the whole thing was an attempt at humiliating the Murdochs then it has massively backfired. They came out of it very well. I actually like them now.

James seemed honest and willing to help the enquiry. It was heart warming how he attempted to help his old dad out at times. The old man just looked like a man who doesn't have much involvement with the day to day running of the business, a mere figure head.

Whatever you feel about them, they do employ an awful lot of people and are top business people. Some don't like the way they run their affairs, so they're quite welcome to set up their own empire to compete with them. After all they'll have the high moral ground won't they?

As for the MP's, they can't critisise anyone can they. Bunch of criminals and liars..

If the whole thing was an attempt at humiliating the Murdochs then it has massively backfired. They came out of it very well. I actually like them now.

James seemed honest and willing to help the enquiry. It was heart warming how he attempted to help his old dad out at times. The old man just looked like a man who doesn't have much involvement with the day to day running of the business, a mere figure head.

Whatever you feel about them, they do employ an awful lot of people and are top business people. Some don't like the way they run their affairs so they're quite welcome to set up their own empire to compete with them. After all they'll have the high moral ground won't you?

As for the MP's they can't critisise anyone can they. Bunch of criminals and liars..

Good points I think many felt sorry for Murdoch seniors grilling yesterday at the end of the day how many people over 80 do you know who could handle a situation like that.

It seems like some of you were watching a different committee hearing to the one I saw.

The Murdochs' entire defence rests on the not very plausible idea that the people in charge of a company have only the vaguest awareness of how their highly paid, hand-picked executives go about conducting business on their behalf. You don't have to be a conspiracy freak to think that this is not the most likely thing in the world.

Here's Nick Davies on their defence.

It seems like some of you were watching a different committee hearing to the one I saw.

The Murdochs' entire defence rests on the not very plausible idea that the people in charge of a company have only the vaguest awareness of how their highly paid, hand-picked executives go about conducting business on their behalf. You don't have to be a conspiracy freak to think that this is not the most likely thing in the world.

Here's Nick Davies on their defence.

But it wasn't the people directly under their control who were doing wrong. They were middle managers on the whole. No Chief Executive knows what's going on with all staff in a company on a day to day basis. They don't have time to check on all their employees. They rely on others informing them. These people have already been informed by a more junior member of staff. Its not surprising the issue wasn't evident.

The whole issue is more about an attack by the left on the right...

Archived