Is it illegal to have 4 dots tattooed on knuckles ?

I saw what I think was an old ex skinhead on Saturday with tattoos everywhere, on his right hand he had 4 very obvious 'dots' on his knuckles, I mentioned this to one of my mates in the pub and he told me what they meant and that they were illegal, does anyone know if this is true ? What they meant I mean and are they illegal or was he pulling my plonker ??

There's a bloke in sheffield with ACAB tattooed on his forehead - so cannot see anyone being too bothered about a few dots.

I wonder if he has problems with members of the public trying to flag him down on a Saturday night?

no its not illegal as its just 4 dots..........if you had the actual words then i think you might be in a spot of bother

The bloke with ACAB tattooed on his forehead doesn't have much of a problem, so if he doesn't then I can't imagine that anyone with the dots would have an issue.

He's rather a nice chap BTW, and is the first to volunteer help anytime you need it :)

Archived