Is the peasant wagon to expensive for the middle class.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/business/first_grows_rail_business_1_3591451

But First’s UK bus business, which includes South Yorkshire, saw a slight drop in passenger numbers as fewer people made shopping trips amid the decline in consumer spending.

However, fare increases helped like-for-like revenues rise by 0.7 per cent and shares in First increased by seven per cent after the announcement.

People can't afford to ride the bus, because fares have gone up. Or they don't need to ride the bus because they haven't got any money to go and spend.

But it is ok, because the fare rises made up for the shortfall in passengers and revenue is up :roll:

Would you rather walk and save a few pennies (pounds) ?

People on handouts should get only one return journey per day, and if they don't travel they cannot carry it over to the next day. A return jouney is a about £2.50 do that 5 times a day as many bored sponges do, and £12.5/day becomes £87/week.

Or maybe people that ditched the car for buses have finally realized that First are crap and are moving back to useing the car.

Not clicked on the link but what about Stagecoach, have they seen a drop in passenger numbers as well.

People on handouts should get only one return journey per day, and if they don't travel they cannot carry it over to the next day. A return jouney is a about £2.50 do that 5 times a day as many bored sponges do, and £12.5/day becomes £87/week.

Give over if they're not disabled they should walk it’s not like they're short of time.:D

i wasnt aware people on handouts got free bus travel?? thought it was just oaps.

as has been said in the op............its purely a mixture of bus fares going up and not being able to afford to go shopping / out as often due to prices rising and wages / income staying put or declining

i wasnt aware people on handouts got free bus travel?? thought it was just oaps.

as has been said in the op............its purely a mixture of bus fares going up and not being able to afford to go shopping / out as often due to prices rising and wages / income staying put or declining

Bus travel is free for OAPs and the disabled* (anyone claiming DLA, can also be given to people with depression, drug addiction etc.).

Bus travel is free for OAPs and the disabled* (anyone claiming DLA, can also be given to people with depression, drug addiction etc.).

riche doesnt mention what type of people on handouts or sponges he means tho, just a general rant as usual

By handouts what do you mean? Do you mean people who benefit from the social contract decided by "WE THE PEOPLE" that ENTITLES (yes you read that right, ENTITLES) you me and all other people to a decent standard of living free from POVERTY?

Or do you mean the real scroungers with the biggest handouts of all? I mean of course the banks and the corporate class with their endless bailouts and subsidies?

If you mean the latter then I'm sure they can manage in their private jets and limos and the like.

Archived