Very Small Wedding help!

Hi

I am having a very small wedding, hoping to get married at Sheffield Registry office but then I am totally stuck on what to do!! There is only going to be 6 of us and most of the restaurants dont open until teatime, so am stuck on what to do for the afternoon, anyone have any ideas????

I dont fancy boozing all afternoon as I will be legless by teatime!

Thank you

Picnic in one of the parks? would give you another location for photo's. Tho Sheffield is pretty belssed with photo ops near the registery office!

I don't know what has motivated your small wedding, but you could then invite lots of other people to join you and celebrate with them, but they could all bring their own picnic?

I sppose this would depend on the time of year too!

If you get married at say 2ish the service and paper work takes about an hour if there's no back log then there's the photos and trip round the peace fountains.Then are you planning to get changed before meal ? I would book a cheep hotel room just to get refreshed book now and it's only £40ish and it's worth it if not just as a place to leave all your stuff

Small budget, but then again there is only 6 of us, we were thinking of booking into a hotel for the night in town, then going on honeymoon, I would ideally like to get married in the afternoon but I dont think they do it at the Town Hall? Then I would quite happily go for a curry and a good laugh! We are not into the big do... it is just not us, it is more about our commitment to each other and sharing that with the 4 people we love dearly.

Hopefully by next year they should have in place the chance for a Saturday afternoon wedding.

To kill time you could nip to the cathedral or somewhere just as nice for some great photos :)

my sis had her wedding at the Registry office, and then we all went to the Botanical Gardens for photos there. They did try and get a forced £50 donation but it didn't wash, especially when reported to some Councillors ;)

Also theres the Millenium gardens if the weather is bad and can't get the good shots with the fountains etc.

Have you thought of asking a hotel if they could do you a meal for 6 it could also be the one where you spend the night. My daughter got married at the register office and there was only7 of us and we went in our cars and went to Aston Hall and had a lovely meal in a small private room. I feel sure that one of the hotels up town would do the same thing.

Archived