I'm dying .. (of toothache)

Take a combination of paracetamol and ibuprofen, you take 2 ibuprofen then 2 hours later take 2 paracetamol, 2 hours later take 2 ibuprofen and so on. This should see you through until tomorrow. Also go on the dental phobia website, it's really is excellent. Hope you get it sorted. :-)

And if that doesn't work substitute Paramol for paracetemol and Voltarol for ibuprofen.

Originally Posted by Alcoblog View Post

I have the worst toothache known to man (or woman)

I've had it for several days now but tried to avoid calling the dentist as I'm scared of him (needles ... yeugh!)

I'm now popping 4 Paracetamol every couple of hours and it's now got to the point where it's not working.

Out of sheer desperation and agony, I managed to mumble down the phone to the dentist that I needed emergency treatment earlier on this morning.

I've got an appointment for tomorrow lunchtime (not that I'd be able to eat any)

I've got 22 hours left of almost death defying bravery!

Anyone know a way of relieving the pain?

Taking 4 paracetamol every 2 hours is plain stupid and can easily lead to toxicity, in fact if you've exceeded 10grams a day then you may want to start writing your will.

If worst comes to worst I not only have a piece of string you can borrow but will gladly slam the door.

jb

The pain could not have been as bad as you describe, other wise you would have trotted off to the dentist/hospital no matter how much you fear them. I remember feeling the same way myself, but was very brave and went to the dentist asap. Funny thing is, never been scared to visit the dentist since.

Regards

Angel.

And if that doesn't work substitute Paramol for paracetemol and Voltarol for ibuprofen.

Taking 4 paracetamol every 2 hours is plain stupid and can easily lead to toxicity.

jb

and if that doesn't work, substitute paramol for heroin and voltarol for crack.

Have you not got local herbalist?

Yeah ... there's one on every corner in Crookes! :rolleyes:

I'll just carry on drinking this oil of cloves (nearly finished it off) ... seems to be working a bit but my breath's making the pot plants wilt! :(

Yeah ... there's one on every corner in Crookes! :rolleyes:

I'll just carry on drinking this oil of cloves (nearly finished it off) ... seems to be working a bit but my breath's making the pot plants wilt! :(

Boots should sell it:D

The pain could not have been as bad as you describe, other wise you would have trotted off to the dentist/hospital no matter how much you fear them. I remember feeling the same way myself, but was very brave and went to the dentist asap. Funny thing is, never been scared to visit the dentist since.

Regards

Angel.

I am going to the dentist ASAP! ... Tomorrow lunchtime!

In the meanwhilst, I'm being very brave and am now dosing myself with 4 paracetamol and Ibuprofen tablets per 2 hours, and drinking as much oil of cloves as my senses can stand! (I'm beginning to dislike the person who initially told me to try this clove stuff) :suspect:

I am going to the dentist ASAP! ... Tomorrow lunchtime!

In the meanwhilst, I'm being very brave and am now dosing myself with 4 paracetamol and Ibuprofen tablets per 2 hours, and drinking as much oil of cloves as my senses can stand! (I'm beginning to dislike the person who initially told me to try this clove stuff) :suspect:

Assuming they are 500mg tablets then you really don't want to be doing this.

jb

Archived