I'm dying .. (of toothache)

Clove oil stinks & lasts about 5 minutes (but the smell & taste lingers much longer).

Hard alcohol is the way to go, find something that's 40%+ alcohol, drinkable & not too sweet. Pour a double & hold it in your mouth for as long as you can, or until your mouth is numb, then either spit or swallow. Cold vodka works well.

Thanks but I don't want to go down the alcohol path (haven't got any anyway)

The clove oil, paracetamol and Ibuprofen are working a bit but the oil don't half stink!

Thanks Mega ... unfortunately I don't have a hot water bottle! ... only another 9 or so hours to go 'til the dentist! :gag::help:

Thanks but I don't want to go down the alcohol path (haven't got any anyway)

The clove oil, paracetamol and Ibuprofen are working a bit but the oil don't half stink!

Thanks Mega ... unfortunately I don't have a hot water bottle! ... only another 9 or so hours to go 'til the dentist! :gag::help:

You can use any leak proof container mate, even a mineral water bottle, just don't use boiling water or it will distort the thread as you pour it in.

You can use any leak proof container mate, even a mineral water bottle, just don't use boiling water or it will distort the thread as you pour it in.

What do you mean 'distort the thread'? ... I'm not supposed to pour it into the computer am I? :D (sorry ... know you're being helpful)

Haha, you don't want the lid coming off when it's full of boiling water.

I've had this, camping in snow and it took all of 30 seconds to register that the skin was being peeled off my feet, having two pair of socks on acting like sponges didn't help the walk out the next day. :(

Haha, you don't want the lid coming off when it's full of boiling water.

I've had this, camping in snow and it took all of 30 seconds to register that the skin was being peeled off my feet, having two pair of socks on acting like sponges didn't help the walk out the next day. :(

Seems to me you spend most of your time in Derbysire ... you must love it! So do I, even in snow ... not camping in it though!

Gonna try to get some sleep now ... goodnight. :D

Seems to me you spend most of your time in Derbysire ... you must love it! So do I, even in snow ... not camping in it though!

Gonna try to get some sleep now ... goodnight. :D

Night pal, good luck tomorrow, say hi to the dental nurse for me. :D

I have the worst toothache known to man (or woman)

I've had it for several days now but tried to avoid calling the dentist as I'm scared of him (needles ... yeugh!:gag:)

I'm now popping 4 Paracetamol every couple of hours and it's now got to the point where it's not working.

Out of sheer desperation and agony, I managed to mumble down the phone to the dentist that I needed emergency treatment earlier on this morning.

I've got an appointment for tomorrow lunchtime (not that I'd be able to eat any)

I've got 22 hours left of almost death defying bravery! :gag:

Anyone know a way of relieving the pain? :help:

You seemed ok on Monday at the meet, sorry to hear the dreaded tooth ache! :gag: You need some coke, that'll fix it :)

Archived