SLOW driving is DANGEROUS

You're confusing two separate issues. Accelerating when someone tries to overtake is downright bad driving. Driving at less than the speed limit isn't.

It is when your doing 15mph in a 30mph :rant: Holding everyone up i was stuck behind a clown doing just that the other night.

I've no idea where all these really slow drivers hang out. I'm on the roads an awful lot, and I'd say it's pretty rare to see anyone going much under the speed limit (limit, not a target...) unless there is congestion. The number of times I drive at 30 mph on Meadowhead only to be overtaken after being tailgated, is quite high though. Makes me smile as I see the not infrequent camera van as you come over the brow of the hill...

I accept that there is the odd occasion that you get the one whose doing a very slow speed, and I'm sure that some are pulled for it. But it's so rare that it's not really a problem.

There should be a minimum speed at what people ought to be driving at. No end of times ive ended up behind some idiot driving at 40 in a 60. Invariably in an mpv or a old duffer. the speed limit should depend on the conditions, if its a clear dry day then a higher limit should be permissable. if its ******* it down the less?

Or to put it another way, people should drive at a speed that you think is safe rather than what they think is safe.

Or, everyone should get out of your way.

Or, I want to be the first one to arrive at the next set of red traffic lights.

Or, I enjoy wasting petrol.

Or to put it another way, people should drive at a speed that you think is safe rather than what they think is safe.

Or, everyone should get out of your way.

Or, I want to be the first one to arrive at the next set of red traffic lights.

Or, I enjoy wasting petrol.

I'm sorry but it's not that black and white. Just because some drivers would like to make progress, does not mean they are impatient people who race everywhere. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, people can fail their test for not making progress so why should it not be expected on the road?

I'm sorry but it's not that black and white. Just because some drivers would like to make progress, does not mean they are impatient people who race everywhere. As someone pointed out earlier in the thread, people can fail their test for not making progress so why should it not be expected on the road?

Making progress yes if it is safe to make progress. Each driver has to decide the safe speed to drive at any one time. Its not up to another driver to tell other drivers at what speed they should be driving at.

And it is a simple as that.

Making progress yes if it is safe to make progress. Each driver has to decide the safe speed to drive at any one time. Its not up to another driver to tell other drivers at what speed they should be driving at.

And it is a simple as that.

That works both ways though and on a perfectly safe A road where the limit is 60 and the weather and visibilty is fine, anyone not competent enough to achieve is quite possibly not competent enough to be on the road.

There should be a minimum speed at what people ought to be driving at. No end of times ive ended up behind some idiot driving at 40 in a 60. Invariably in an mpv or a old duffer. the speed limit should depend on the conditions, if its a clear dry day then a higher limit should be permissable. if its ******* it down the less?

We already have this higher speed limit, which applies in clear, dry conditions. When the conditions worsen drivers should adjust their speed accordingly and not need a revised limit.

That works both ways though and on a perfectly safe A road where the limit is 60 and the weather and visibilty is fine, anyone not competent enough to achieve is quite possibly not competent enough to be on the road.

Or perhaps they can see potential danger that you missed.

I've had it happen to me today. Driving along the A61, at the speed limit, when a saxo pulls out in front of me slowing me down by 20mph and then drives the rest of the way at 20 below the speed limit.

So what?

Check your mirror and then adjust your speed to the new situation.

Or is that too difficult for you?

Archived