SLOW driving is DANGEROUS

Why do you need to attack the other posters just because you don't like their reasoning? Is your argument so weak you feel the need to name call and make blind assumptions?

Possibly, but who says that a slow driver is also incapable? Another assumption based on nothing.

Which name was that,am i missing something?

Argue that with The DOT examiners!!

Its certainly not how any of the rest of us were taught to drive nor judged on in a test.If you do not make REASONABLE progress with the flow of traffic then you will FAIL!!

You are correct but as some have written, slow driving is not as much an issue as other activities and driver attributes. For instance, any suggestion of frustration, anger even, in the face of being held up by a slow driver ahead would result in an examiner's eyebrow being raised and a black mark wanting to find a home on the marking sheet if not dealt with appropriately.

To bring you uptodate, the examiners you refer to work for the DSA which is an agency of the DfT. DOT stopped being the DOT aeons ago.

Rubbish!!

You keep honing in on speed!

A slow incable driver will be unpreditable to other drivers following and is MORE likely to cause an accident.Add Bad attitude to the mix and you have a real problem,one with your so called qualifications you must be aware of.

I assume you let all your students in your driving school ride about at 15/20mph without comment?

Personally i dont think you know the back end of a car from the front!

A speeding incapable driver will be unpredictable to other drivers and any resultant accidents will be much more destructive than any (slower speed) accidents caused by an incapable slow driver.

You are concentrating...on other people's driving.

It's called basic observation. If you don't concentrate... on other people's driving. Then you tend to crash into them. Do you actually drive?

You are obviously not a driving instructor.

Didn't claim that I was, I notice that you're avoiding the question and still being passive aggressive though.

Speeding doesn't get you there any quicker.

Were we talking about speeding? :roll:

Driving at 30 mph over the snake sure as hell gets you there slower!

For goodness sake just read the part of the highway code that deals with stopping distances.

And for your information I ran a driving school for 12 years. This includes taking the DSA advanced driving test and I have also passed the IAM which I retake every year.

I don't believe you. You have a bizarre attitude to speed, condoning people driving inappropriately slowly and a rather (passive) aggressive attitude which wouldn't help you teach.

You also expect someone to drive without observing the driving of anyone else...

And why would anyone retake the IAM? It doesn't lapse and you practice the skills it teaches every time you drive.

Archived