SLOW driving is DANGEROUS

The Driving Standards Agency as it is now known would never issue such a stupid piece of nonsense like this.

Where did the Mail get this story from? Oh yes 'a report says' Wonder who wrote the report, Jeremy Clarkson?

Dont bank on it!

If there is money to be made from it, the backing will come and there is.You can just as easily program a speed camera to detect slow drivers as easily as fast ones so this wont be the last you hear of it.

Having read the article again I think what it is really talking about is those who drive slowly in the middle lane of a motoway, rather than moving to the left lane. This is a cause for concern.

The Daily Mail has had to sex it up for the sake of their braindead readers.

Having read the article again I think what it is really talking about is those who drive slowly in the middle lane of a motoway, rather than moving to the left lane. This is a cause for concern.

SEE slow drivers have the worst attitudes!!!

Now transfer that to the roads and you see the problem!

SEE slow drivers have the worst attitudes!!!

Now transfer that to the roads and you see the problem!

You claim to know a lot without knowing anything.

When did you last read the highway code or take an advanced driving test? Let me guess, you last read the highway code when you passed you test 50 years ago and you have never taken an advanced driving test.

I suggest you do both in the near future. Then you may be able to speak with authority rather than relying on the Daily Mail to tell you what to think

When did you last read the highway code or take an advanced driving test? Let me guess, you last read the highway code when you passed you test 50 years ago and you have never taken an advanced driving test.

I suggest you do both in the near future. Then you may be able to speak with authority rather than relying on the Daily Mail to tell you what to think

What does having taken an advanced driving test and reading the highway code have anything to do with stating that someone has a bad attitude?

Well actually ive taken 4 different tests and passed them all first time!I have other Professional Driving qualifications too.

as for the highway code i can pass online tests car/lorry and PSV with full marks and recently did that.

And ill tell you something else,i have windows in my vehicle to look out of and observe idiots that drive about not just at speeds that would fail a driving test but with attitudes and antics that would if caught have them locked up.

I think its you who needs to sit down and think deeply about YOUR attitude and how that might affect other drivers and their safety!

They need to bring in a law like they have in certain states of america - if you are travelling slowly and do not stop regularly to allow people to pass you are breaking the law. This applies to all vehicles and I think makes total sense. That way people can travel whatever speed they like but have to allow others to do the same.

There is a law that allows the police to prosecuted slow drivers that are causing an obstruction.

Pensioner fined for slow driving

Transport Department figures show 143 accidents a year are caused directly by slow drivers.

Whereas a factor in about 20,000 accidents a year is breaking the speed limit or driving too fast for the conditions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-407521/Only-20-road-accidents-caused-breaking-speed-limit.html

"The 'contributory factors to road accidents report', the first of its kind, showed a total of 147,509 accidents last year.

Of these five per cent, or 7,314, had breaking the speed limit as a factor. This rose to 12 per cent, or 325, for accidents which ended in a fatality.

The police deciding the driver was going too fast for the conditions was a factor in a further 10 per cent of all accidents, or 15,436, and in 14 per cent of those ending in a death, or 357"

Going too fast causes many thousand times more accidents.

Having just read the article myself, its quite clear that its the motorways they are talking about. They also quote: Transport Department figures show 143 accidents a year are caused directly by slow drivers. Thats an average say of 3 accidents per week over the year, a hell of a lot less accidents than the ones caused by speeding drivers.

Having just read the article myself, its quite clear that its the motorways they are talking about. They also quote: Transport Department figures show 143 accidents a year are caused directly by slow drivers. Thats an average say of 3 accidents per week over the year, a hell of a lot less accidents than the ones caused by speeding drivers.[/QUOTE]

I doubt very much that its a measure of the true figure of the problem.I find it very unlikely that most police officers would attribute an accident down to a driver driving too slow rather than some other cause,it just wouldnt be politically correct would it??

As yet there has been no drive for the police to manipulate the figures to show slow drivers are a problem like there has been for drivers who exceed the speed limit but i expect if its seen to be a big earner it will change.

How good would that be when youve got a speed gun in your hand being able to target not only the drivers a few mph over the speed limit but drivers a few under.

What ceases to amaze me is ALL drivers when doing their driving tests were marked on ability to keep up with traffic and would fail if they didnt yet as soon as they pass the police are allowing them to drive to what could be argued substandard levels.My money is on few officers have EVER made a booking on driving too slow but all have made hundreds or thousands on a few mph over which actually makes no difference at all but generates income.

Archived