SLOW driving is DANGEROUS

I still don't believe slow drivers are the danger here, apart from the militant ones who vary their speed - especially when being overtaken. If someone is moving at 20mph lower than the speed limit, and they pull over regularaly to let built up traffic past, and allow others to overtake them, that's not dangerous.

I therefore conclude that the danger is from the militant drivers (slow or fast) who think everyone else should drive like they do.

But that just doesnt happen anymore!

They aren't the cause of any accidents. Drivers who wish (not require, because it's never necessary) to overtake them must do so in a safe place. Failure to ensure that will not be the fault of the slow-moving vehicle.

But you are over looking the fact that the same driving (slow moving) would cause a failure to pass a driving test yet here you are defending the same sub standard driving.You cant have it both ways its either unsafe or safe and the DOT very obviously think its UNSAFE and it IS!!

But you are over looking the fact that the same driving (slow moving) would cause a failure to pass a driving test yet here you are defending the same sub standard driving.You cant have it both ways its either unsafe or safe and the DOT very obviously think its UNSAFE and it IS!!

Annoyingly conspicuous as any other driver's perceived lack of progress might be, can we refrain from using "this would cause you to fail a driving test" argument? For that matter, so would prolonged/consistent over-the-limit speed, inadequate observations, incorrect lane position, inappropriate, inadequate and poorly timed signals ... all things we see out there daily.

The truth of the matter is that we have to deal with whatever driver behaviour we are dealt with without personalising it or getting hot under the collar. if others are not driving as we would wish them to, cut them some slack, chill and get where we need to be in one piece. We can all have bad days and make mistakes.

IF the elderly are represented in some way in the population of uncertain, lost, steady/slow drivers, chilling is our only option since the driving population over-70 is set to double over the next few years. Unless you fancy an ulcer or palpitations or worse, that is.

Annoyingly conspicuous as any other driver's perceived lack of progress might be, can we refrain from using "this would cause you to fail a driving test" argument? For that matter, so would prolonged/consistent over-the-limit speed, inadequate observations, incorrect lane position, inappropriate, inadequate and poorly timed signals ... all things we see out there daily.

The truth of the matter is that we have to deal with whatever driver behaviour we are dealt with without personalising it or getting hot under the collar. if others are not driving as we would wish them to, cut them some slack, chill and get where we need to be in one piece. We can all have bad days and make mistakes.

IF the elderly are represented in some way in the population of uncertain, lost, steady/slow drivers, chilling is our only option since the driving population over-70 is set to double over the next few years. Unless you fancy an ulcer or palpitations or worse, that is.

And thats the problems with our roads!

We are taught to drive at good standards yet some think its good to ignore that standard.

The fact is its now coming clear that slow drivers are a danger to us all and from someone with vast experience and qualification i say a much much bigger problem to us than drivers exceeding the speed limit while using common sence ever was,not that i think anyone gives a monkeys about speeders or slow drivers its about cash and its about time the dangerous slow drivers were made aware that it IS substandard driving.

Like I posted earlier in the thread;

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7890661&postcount=28

143 accidents a year attributable to slow driving.

Over 20,000 a year with excess speed a factor.

Which is the most dangerous - bit of a no brainer really :cool:

No the no brainer believes the figures!

It is not politically correct to ticket slow drivers,yet but its coming theres alot of money to be had from it.And unlike drivers over a few mph, slow drivers are dangerous and i doubt many of them would ever pass another driving test although i expect many of them wrongly think they would.I would love to see the day they have to.

If theres money in it then the figures will be made to show what it is they want to show just the same as has been done for exceeding the limit.

It is not politically correct to ticket slow drivers,yet but its coming theres alot of money to be had from it.And unlike drivers over a few mph, slow drivers are dangerous and i doubt many of them would ever pass another driving test although i expect many of them wrongly think they would.I would love to see the day they have to.

If theres money in it then the figures will be made to show what it is they want to show just the same as has been done for exceeding the limit.

Good rant.

Show some evidence.

Whereas continually speeding would pass your driving test in a flash?

Again, no one has given any clear evidence as to why someone driving a few miles under the speed limit is of themselves a danger? The 'danger' all stems from stupid drivers who try and overtake when common sense dictates they shouldnt because they're 'frustrated' (awww diddums!).

Archived