Is it justifiable to pack in your job because of petrol costs?

Why would you want to? It's easier to get an another job if you've already got one. Making yourself unemployed would make it harder to get a job nearer home.

But I can't see anyone working and getting themselves into debt just to buy daily items like food etc. It's that tight for some people.

Would you temporarily get job seekers allowance until you found another job nearer to your home?

At the moment I travel nearly an hour and a half on public transport each day to get to work,. Are you sure you've considered all the options?

Would you temporarily get job seekers allowance until you found another job nearer to your home?

I think, if you voluntarily pack in your job, you waive your rights to claim some benefits. I can't remember which.

If petrol is the biggest factor maybe.

Insurance restricts me. I have a 'work-radius' based upon public transport. You can take the odd trip without insurance, but you can't do a regular route.

Many jobs are worthless when you consider the cost of travel. Always insist upon a travel allowance.

Archived