Major guilt trip about Rat killing

OMG! Lil lass told me she'd just seen a Rat follow her into our garden, so I grabbed a shovel and bopped it with everything I'd got. Looked like it had been poisoned before I did it though. Now feeling mega guilty cos it's wrong to kill a creature to take it's life? Did I do it a favour or am I a cold blooded murderer? It was a wild one, big n brown with massive yellow teeth, now residing in the bin. What would you do if you saw one?

I don't get the chance to decide one way or another when it comes to rats or mice. (or squirrels, pigeons, etc, etc) as my ratbag of a ginger-and-white cat nabs them, and leaves them on the doorstep as "offerings". ( ;) I love him really)

We have them at the top of our garden and i don't mind them at all, they are quite funny to watch actually and quite trusting now, they'll sneak out under our legs whilst we're sat munching on barbecue food and hoover up what we drop. :hihi:

They've been there about 8 years now and non of us have died of weils disease yet.

Part of our wildlife aren't they, you wouldn't baseball bat a squirrel would you.

Archived