Shakespeare, Gibraltar St

gularscute

Lol! i guess everyone is tight at the moment, with the economy how it is!

They have moved things around a bit since trmalines I think, with regards to the tables, and there is now loads of brewery signs, beer pumps, e.t.c. on the walls so it looks a lot more 'finished' now! The walls were definately looking a bit bare then, but it looks much better now!

I went in a week or 2 ago. I must say I think they've done a pretty good job. It's not been ruined. Though it's lost the trendy/underground music vibe that it had in its last guise. It's very much a cask ale theme pub now. The outside area at the back is very good with plenty of tables. The beer was fine. Personally I'm not that bothered about having 12 handpumps, most of which are too strong. I think there was a choice of 4 or 5.

As with all the Kelham area pubs it always seems a bit of an effort to get there, through all the semi-derelict and industrial buildings, down the big hill, over the busy roads etc. One day the planners will link it into the city better and The Shakespeare will help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived