Best Film - when you were a kid

Saturday afternoon matinee, Childrens film foundation film about a kid who had a magic marble . Got crushed by a steam roller ar the end

Mine was a Saturday Matinee CFF film too. "Go Kart Go" - starring Denis Waterman ( I don't think he wrote the feam toon) about a local community Go Kart race. It had all the component parts of a fine adventure. Determination, rejection, friction and eventually, success!!

They really don't make 'em like that anymore :headbang:

What film made a big impression on you as a kid ?

I remember my gran taking me to see the first Bond Film DR NO in the early sixties. She thought she was going to see a medical drama - I had never seen anything like it before. I remember going to school on the Monday and telling my mates about it.

I think it was at the old GAUMONT in Barkers Pool - fantastic

My favourite was a film called CHINA SEAS, with Clark Gable,Lewis Stone and many others of course.this was when l was about 12 yrs old ,75 years ago !goodness knows where all the years have gone. Arfer Mo

Mine was "Charge of the Light Brigade" Errol Flynn !!!

Dunt time fly..:P

One that I remember starring Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland was "Captain Blood", a forerunner of "Pirates of the Caribbean". It was made and released before my time but made a significant impression on me as a youngster when I saw it at the Hippodrome.

Archived