Electric bills are paying for Foreign Aid

Our utility bills are rising yet the government is severely reducing grants for Solar Panel farms that provide electricity, even on rainy days they run at 20%

Isn't it annoying our government can instantly find £Millions for Somalia but cannot afford to fully fund our own much needed eco friendly energy needs.

Very annoying but to say so makes us racist according to some.

Our utility bills are rising yet the government is severely reducing grants for Solar Panel farms that provide electricity, even on rainy days they run at 20%

Isn't it annoying our government can instantly find £Millions for Somalia but cannot afford to fully fund our own much needed eco friendly energy needs.

No they aren't - the money I pay on my elecric bill goes straight to the supplier.

It's also a fallacy that if we reduced government spending on aid (or anything else for that matter) it would automatically be spent on something else rather than just reducing the deficit.

Very annoying but to say so makes us racist according to some.
Exactly, Scottish and Southern have just announced massive gad price increases.

This is along with electricity price hikes this year and yet when a free scource of power once instalation is in place is found the government cuts funding.

Then go rant to your government considering that's who you have an "annoying" fixation with.

Hang on, maybe it's not the government you have a fixation with.

So you're happy to let our own elderly struggle to keep warm this coming winter with the recent higher fuel bills whilst we do the annual routine of throwing money down the drain of Africa.

no it doesnt, it just makes him an obsessed idiot

I often wonder what the agenda of yours and people like you is who see their own people struggle whilst our money is wasted year on year in Africa.

Maybe you only support the high profile fashionable causes, our own elderly are obviously not high enough profile for you.

So you're happy to let our own elderly struggle to keep warm this coming winter with the recent higher fuel bills whilst we do the annual routine of throwing money down the drain of Africa.

What makes you think any money not used as foreign aid would be used for energy savings for our elderly.. (who get help anyway)..

I often wonder what the agenda of yours and people like you is who see their own people struggle whilst our money is wasted year on year in Africa.

Maybe you only support the high profile fashionable causes, our own elderly are obviously not high enough profile for you.

oh get off the drama queen act, yes were currently struggling BUT nowhere near the same as THIRD WORLD countries we send aid to

oh get off the drama queen act, yes were currently struggling BUT nowhere near the same as THIRD WORLD countries we send aid to

But my poor old granny doesnt live in the third world..it wouldnt be too bad if the aid went to those who need it but it usually ends up lining some fat cats pockets ..here and over there

Archived