Electric bills are paying for Foreign Aid

It's not aid it's bribes.

This crossed my mind this morning when I heard the news that the UK was the first country to pledge 50 million, despite the fact that some of it would probably be diverted towards pirates/terrorists or whatever you want to call them.

I believe we should be providing emergency aid, bigtime when children are starving and dying. However, the ConDems seem to jump in so quickly these days when a Muslim country involved, ie: Libyia, its almost as if they are trying to buy the goodwill of the radical Islamists to avert terrorism.

PS: I don't think my gas bill money, an extra 19% this year, is going to directly to terrorists or starving children - more like the shareholders

To understand why the grants for solar power were removed, you have to understand why they existed in the first place. It basically comes down to one reason - improve the UK's carbon position. In order to tackle that, it needed to become affordable for homeowners / businesses to install solar panels. The grants were then put in place for two purposes - reduce the cost to those wanting to install them, and to encourage manufacturers to invest in the country, reducing the cost.

The carbon targets were reached and remain inline with future levels, and the installation cost has now fallen sufficiently that there is a realistic return on investment for homeowners / businesses. Therefore the need for the grant scheme has been removed.

It has nothing to do with needing more money to send abroad. All of these grant schemes have limited lives, and only exist in order to kick start a market / idea which fits into national plans.

oh get off the drama queen act, yes were currently struggling BUT nowhere near the same as THIRD WORLD countries we send aid to
So you're happy that money belonging here goes towards supporting corrupt regimes which is exactly what is happening right now with Somalia?

To understand why the grants for solar power were removed, you have to understand why they existed in the first place. It basically comes down to one reason - improve the UK's carbon position. In order to tackle that, it needed to become affordable for homeowners / businesses to install solar panels. The grants were then put in place for two purposes - reduce the cost to those wanting to install them, and to encourage manufacturers to invest in the country, reducing the cost.

The carbon targets were reached and remain inline with future levels, and the installation cost has now fallen sufficiently that there is a realistic return on investment for homeowners / businesses. Therefore the need for the grant scheme has been removed.

It has nothing to do with needing more money to send abroad. All of these grant schemes have limited lives, and only exist in order to kick start a market / idea which fits into national plans.

So why has the price gone up or do you work for one of these money grabbing copmpanys?:suspect:

I wonder who is going to send our poor some aid ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/jul/14/households-fuel-poverty-energy-prices

so we put our people in the poverty trap so that we can send aid to some foreign land...sounds about right

It amazes me how the "We want to look good" brigade never jump to the defence of our own needy.

So why has the price gone up or do you work for one of these money grabbing copmpanys?:suspect:

The price has gone up because the artificially lowered price has been reset. If you install a set of solar panels today at full retail price, you'll still be paying less than the people who first installed them with the support of the grant.

And no, I don't work for one of these companies, although I do work for a company which was investigating the installation of panels at the time the grant was removed.

Archived