St Oswalds Wybourn

I was St Oswalds from 1964 to 1969 before moving to St Pauls then De La Salle, very happy memories of the school

Mrs Riley, Mrs Snell, Mrs Driver, Miss Mcnally and Mrs Brufton and Miss Finnegan the Headmistress

• 2 months later...
I was there mid 80s and my teacher was Mrs Rigby followed by a nun from Milnhurst Convent called Sister Jude. She was lovely. I remember learning Shakin Stevens 'Merry Christmas Everyone' in music class!!

I was also there in the mid eighties my first teachers were Mrs Riley and Mrs hogan then Bridgman Mrs bruften who scared me and my favourite sister jude'she was great Mr Neil was head and Mrs Jones was secretary 'I always wanted to ring the bell for break and dinners were the best :)

• 3 months later...

Hi , not use to all this.

I was at St Oswalds until 1962 when I left, Melvin Gibbons would have left at the same time, I remember him and his sister Elenor very well.

I remember a lot of the teachers mentioned in this topic, Mr Danson was our teacher for the last two years.

My best mate is Paddy Duddy, and I still keep in touch with Jimmy McGlouglin.

I played football for the school team in the last two years, Paul Hogan, Jimmy Mac, Paddy Noon, Paul Trippet, Paul Talbot, Paddy Duddy, Stephen Simpson, Paul Parker, are just some of the players I remember.

There were some really great people in our class , and I hope everyone has gone on to great things.

I was crap at all subjects except Wood Work and Technical Drawing, I did an apprenticeship as a Joiner, when qualified left for Australia, eventually finished up as a Sales/ Product Manager for a German company called Miele, I was there for over 30 years before a serious motorbike accident brought forward my retirement, I was able to visit my parents and friends every year after my business trips to Germany.

I know Melvin has got a recording studio in Manchester, however hope all is well with everyone else.

Regards Mick Lister

• 1 year later...

I went to st oswalds until 1967 I think then on to st pauls I remember Mrs Riley, Miss Finnegan the Headmistress.i also remember the tailor twins. tony bashforth. tony dawson. steven wolf (pedro) john manfredi.shaun kennedy .paul browse (mousey). what I remember most was the fantastic school dinners

• 2 years later...
  • nikki-red changed the title to St Oswalds Wybourn