Alcoholic mother wants contact with kids

Has the kids got a social worker, if they have could you not ask the social worker to intervien for you with the probation worker, that way the governing bodies are doing all the work for you hopefully and they report their finding to the court and that would in fact be better for your case. Have you got a diary of all the events that have happened on a daily bases, if you keep a record of all the visits and keep them file away in a safe place and always keep copies. If the courts want copies, always keep you own copy and never give that up. You need copies for yourself and if any governing body loses their copy, charge them for a extra copies.

ALAN

I guess that's where we will end up. Last place I want to return to. She might just not bother and she might just might end up killing herself.

Other than court is there anyone I can ring to get them to help her?

She is on probation for DD, but they will not speak to the ex husband.

She goes to AA. Would they speak to me? Is it true they have sponsors? Would they warn me if she had a relapse?

Yes whatever you do, at the end of the day the kids have a mother who they'll love and want to see, so use them as an incentive for her to get better (I view it as an illness) and hopefully in time she will, the last thing you want to do though is push an unstable person over the edge. Difficult line to tread though. Good luck with it all.

Has the kids got a social worker, if they have could you not ask the social worker to intervien for you with the probation worker, that way the governing bodies are doing all the work for you hopefully and they report their finding to the court and that would in fact be better for your case. Have you got a diary of all the events that have happened on a daily bases, if you keep a record of all the visits and keep them file away in a safe place and always keep copies. If the courts want copies, always keep you own copy and never give that up. You need copies for yourself and if any governing body loses their copy, charge them for a extra copies.

ALAN

No child social worker that I'm aware of, never has been. I have no idea if they are involved with ex. I used to keep a record of events but that was years ago. Everything here is fine I'm just average guy with kids. I don't fear family court but anyone who has been there knows it's not a place to go by choice.

To stop contact all I'd have to do is not drop off, as she lives many miles away and is banned from driving for the next 4 years. (5 year ban 2nd offence)

She won't pick up or drop off.

Court order states she should pick up etc.

That is irrelevant. If you breach the Order you will be just as bad as she is.

Go back to Court and do it properly.

If I'd stuck to the order kids would have lost contact years ago.

The courts can make things worse.

Yes whatever you do, at the end of the day the kids have a mother who they'll love and want to see, so use them as an incentive for her to get better (I view it as an illness) and hopefully in time she will, the last thing you want to do though is push an unstable person over the edge. Difficult line to tread though. Good luck with it all.

Thanks, sometimes they have a great time with her, when she is well. 3 or 4 times out of 5. Then ex takes a down turn and they have a weekend of a drunk mum and are in bits. No warning signs nothing. I've said many times to her just call if you cannot cope, I'll pick up no problem no judgement. She never does.

Archived