Uninsured vehicles

my neighbour has a son that brings vans and parks them outside his house, until the tax runs out, which could be months then moves them. ive checked askMID and the vehicles are coming up 'not insured' it really ****** me of at times trying to look round the vans to pull out if im facing the van, ive come close to crashing a couple of times. me and the neighbour dont talk and would prob tell me to F... off and mind my own business, but my question is can it be kept on road uninsured if there is tax on it? if not, do you call police? thanks.

my neighbour has a son that brings vans and parks them outside his house, until the tax runs out, which could be months then moves them. ive checked askMID and the vehicles are coming up 'not insured' it really ****** me of at times trying to look round the vans to pull out if im facing the van, ive come close to crashing a couple of times. me and the neighbour dont talk and would prob tell me to F... off and mind my own business, but my question is can it be kept on road uninsured if there is tax on it? if not, do you call police? thanks.

No, it can't. The simple rule is tax or SORN. If it's taxed it also needs to be insured. If it's SORNed, and actually kept off the road, then there is no need to insure.

Question: Why is your neighbour doing this? Is he a trader?

jb

I thought on the askMID website it says that you have to be the legal owner or registered keeper of the vehicle to check the insurance status.

Anyway, if you call the 101 / 2202020 number it'll get to the right person at somepoint i assume!

Archived