Another War to Start This Year..

Because Irans attacking Israel, has been for years and when it gets a nuke will fire it at Israel.

Really? Various Palestinian factions, Syria and Egypt have attacked Israel directly in my lifetime. Iran may have armed some factions eg Hezbollah.

Total hogwash. Israel barely got away with attacking Lebanon and Gaza - an unprovoked attack on Iran (however justified that may be on some levels) would have europe cut them loose and put incredible pressure on the US to do the same. Dicking about with hamas or hizballah is one thing, starting a shooting war over an effectively US controlled country with US forces on the ground without the agreement of the US is way beyond the pull of what Israel vaguely thinks it's capable of.

Total hogwash. Israel barely got away with attacking Lebanon and Gaza - an unprovoked attack on Iran (however justified that may be on some levels) would have europe cut them loose and put incredible pressure on the US to do the same. Dicking about with hamas or hizballah is one thing, starting a shooting war over an effectively US controlled country with US forces on the ground without the agreement of the US is way beyond the pull of what Israel vaguely thinks it's capable of.

What you write is true. But once they get the nuke 'iran' will use it.

What you write is true. But once they get the nuke 'iran' will use it.

Israel has serious multiple redundancy multi-platform second strike capability with nukes, including subs, if Iran were to use a nuke against israel it would be suicide (ok i know the mullahs views on suicide bombings but an entire continent?).

If intelligence comes to attention that proves that iran had nukes and was preparing to use them then i think the US would make tactical nuclear strikes on the launch/storage sites without israel having to get involved.

Israel has serious multiple redundancy multi-platform second strike capability with nukes, including subs, if Iran were to use a nuke against israel it would be suicide (ok i know the mullahs views on suicide bombings but an entire continent?).

If intelligence comes to attention that proves that iran had nukes and was preparing to use them then i think the US would make tactical nuclear strikes on the launch/storage sites without israel having to get involved.

M.A.D just will not work anymore. Many great people in Iran pity they are not the leaders.

M.A.D just will not work anymore. Many great people in Iran pity they are not the leaders.

I did acknowlege that with mental islamists you cannot consider m.a.d. foolproof, however the US will be keeping a watch and Israel have very competant chaps in ha mossad who i'm sure would be capable if push came to shove of getting suitcase nukes close enough to iranian production facilities to blow them sky high and blame it on the iranians without the need for an open war.

Israel is complicated and there will always be conflict between those who want the IDF to take care of business and those who for proffessional reasons would rather the job be left to the mossad and shin bet wherever possible, the article got most of it's info from the latter.

Archived