Anybody On Here Who Worked In Rolling Mills In The 70s

Appolo

• 2 years later...

Hi my dad Terry White worked at George Clarke's on Penistone road during late 1960's early 70's. His uncles "Cappy Ward" and Graham Ward also worked there.

My dad continues to still work in the steel industry to this very day.

Anyone know or heard of him or his uncles?

Also where can I get any pictures of The Rolling Mills as I've searched the internet to no avail so far.

Thank you

Gary

• 4 years later...
On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2009 at 14:58, cot123 said:

My dad Roy Cottam worked at Parkins on middlewood Road up till 1983 when he was made redundant, shortly afterwards he died from a heart attack.

I can remember going down with him on a sunday to light the furness for the early Monday shift and then going for a walk along the river. Me and my sister would run on the spot on the steel rollers on the floor until dad came from lighting the furness and told us off.

Hi  cot123 I have just come across this post.I worked with your dad From `74 until `82 when we all got made redundant, Roy was a Roll Turner then went into Management a very fair bloke. I once bought a Triumph Herald off him  It was in immaculate condition until I got hold of it.

6 hours ago, St Petre said:

I didn't know there was a rolling mill on Middlewood Road (Parkin's), where was it ?

Hi St Petre It was on the Right as you come into Oughtibridge  from Middlewood opposite the very

first houses I think it is a caravan storage place now. It shut down in 1982 I was one of the youngest there  and I`m 60 now, Most of the millhands are no longer with us

On 15/03/2015 at 20:55, chalky3362 said:

Hi my dad Terry White worked at George Clarke's on Penistone road during late 1960's early 70's. His uncles "Cappy Ward" and Graham Ward also worked there.

My dad continues to still work in the steel industry to this very day.

Anyone know or heard of him or his uncles?

Also where can I get any pictures of The Rolling Mills as I've searched the internet to no avail so far.

Thank you

Gary

I have a couple of photos of the mill I worked in. When I find out how to post them, I will.

On 13/11/2005 at 11:18, brooksy said:

Mdad worked at that place on claywheels lane.His name was ken brooks and after leaving there he went to alloy steel rods on stevenson road.:|

Did your dad come from Parson Cross and ended  up working at paper mill in W/side.

• 2 years later...