The Queens Hotel, Scotland Street

Was driving along Scotland St the other day and noticed this pub, I think it's an ex-Wards house. I don't remember it being open in my life time, would be interested to hear any recollections of this old pub. Anyone know when it closed?

Ta

Hi wednesday1 - this is the Queens Hotel at 85 Scotland Street. I somehow had a feeling that it was open in the 1980s, but I just looked in Kelly's directories for 1968 and 1973. It is listed in the 1968 directory but not in the 1973 one, which suggests that it might have closed during the intervening period. Maybe someone has definite information; anyway here's a photo..:)

Hi wednesday1 - this is the Queens Hotel at 85 Scotland Street. I somehow had a feeling that it was open in the 1980s, but I just looked in Kelly's directories for 1968 and 1973. It is listed in the 1968 directory but not in the 1973 one, which suggests that it might have closed during the intervening period. Maybe someone has definite information; anyway here's a photo..:)

I drunk in there in the 1980s ,and they had live music on a Friday,some bloke with an organ.

....It is listed in the 1968 directory but not in the 1973 one, which suggests that it might have closed during the intervening period...
I think it did close for a time, maybe in the late 1960s, but in c. 1974-76 I used to have a lunchtime pint there, or in the Old Crown Inn nearby, as I worked just across the road. I also remember a snooker table. Edited by Banker

Was driving along Scotland St the other day and noticed this pub, I think it's an ex-Wards house. I don't remember it being open in my life time, would be interested to hear any recollections of this old pub. Anyone know when it closed?

Ta

Yes, it was the Queens Hotel.It WAS a Wards house and was certaibnly open all through the seventies and into the eighties.Throughout the seventies it was run By Vernon and Wyn Hookway.There was an upstairs to the pub which had a function room, then above that, letting rooms.

Me and Pippo is right, it did have a snooker table to the left as you went in the door.The Ladies toilet was inside a passageway in the pub, and the gents was out the back !!

Great pic!

Cheers