Youth employment rate at lowest for 20 years

The problem is global around 80 million young unemployed people; in the EU youth unemployment is at 21%, many of these people can compete for jobs in the UK. Over the past 10 years youth unemployment in the UK as risen whilst the rest of the EU it as dropped, over ten years immigration into the UK as risen so there seems to be some correlation between immigration and unemployment, as immigrants come her from the EU there jobless count goes down as ours rises.

Globally there just aren’t enough jobs for the population.

I'm not bothered that the global population doesn't have jobs. My only concern is that the British have enough jobs and how are we going to make sure that that is the case.

I'm not bothered that the global population doesn't have jobs. My only concern is that the British have enough jobs and how are we going to make sure that that is the case.

Neither am I, I was just pointing out one of the reasons for youth unemployment; they are not all unemployed because they are lazy. Many desperately want to work but there are not enough jobs, and competition for the jobs is global.

How would you force our own people to do the menial tasks that are “below” their aspirations.

What are all these menial jobs that are below the aspirations of British workers that foreigners have to do because British workers won't do them?

What are all these menial jobs that are below the aspirations of British workers that foreigners have to do because British workers won't do them?

Is that a serious question :confused: first they are accused of taking “our” jobs then you seem to be suggesting that there are no jobs.

How would you force our own people to do the menial tasks that are “below” their aspirations.

Let wages and working conditions rise to the level that British people expect, the levels that were the norm 20 years ago.

Time limit benefits as well, 6 months plus 1 month for each full year worked.

Archived