Youth employment rate at lowest for 20 years

The reason for this is the country is too bloody overcrowded! Thank God Cameron is doing something about immigration, although I would rather it be stopped altogether. I must have applied for 20 jobs in the last month and not once been successful or at least short listed. More recently I applied for GAME since I knew I had the perfect qualities necessary to work there, and yet still I have been unsuccessful. It makes me think "What more do they want?" I suppose I could always paint my face dark :hihi:

The reason for this is the country is too bloody overcrowded! Thank God Cameron is doing something about immigration, although I would rather it be stopped altogether. I must have applied for 20 jobs in the last month and not once been successful or at least short listed. More recently I applied for GAME since I knew I had the perfect qualities necessary to work there, and yet still I have been unsuccessful. It makes me think "What more do they want?" I suppose I could always paint my face dark :hihi:

Meh, I applied to Game in Meadowhall a few months back, they never let me know till I called in and asked, they'd given the job to some girl who'd worked there before! I've also applied to the one in Town during the Christmas temp season, again, no response.

I officially give up! I wouldn't mind but it's not like I didn't spend 2 years at College getting NVQs in retail!

Meh, I applied to Game in Meadowhall a few months back, they never let me know till I called in and asked, they'd given the job to some girl who'd worked there before! I've also applied to the one in Town during the Christmas temp season, again, no response.

I officially give up! I wouldn't mind but it's not like I didn't spend 2 years at College getting NVQs in retail!

That's outrageous! They should at least have the decency as an employer to let you know if you have been unsuccessful. :rant:

Nobody lets you know if youve been unsuccessful, Im applying for around 10-15 jobs a day and in the last week Ive heard back from 1... Its terrible at the moment trying to get a job :(

I truly feel for you, good luck in your job search. :)

Agricultural workers from the EU often work illegally for less than the minimum wage, work excessively long hours, live in dormitories, and return home at the end of a specified period.

The work is temporary, seasonal, and regional. It often doesn't pay enough to live on if you factor in proper rent, transport and council tax etc. When the job ends the benefits system cannot cope with temporary workers as claims take longer to come through than the job probably lasts.

The Welfare To Work (W2W) industry, which supposedly trains the British born long term unemployed with often dismal results, also has contracts to enhance the employment prospects of new arrivals to the UK, especially recently arrived unskilled, and semi-skilled, economic migrants.

For example, BEST (Business Employment Services Training Ltd) which has been awarded the contract to deliver the Mandatory Work Activity (forced menial labour for the long term unemployed - or lose benefits) across Yorkshire & the Humber, also runs a lucrative programme called 'New Start'.

BEST’s New Start programme, an initiative which seeks to support new arrival migrant workers into employment, is funded and delivered in partnership with the European Social Fund and Jobcentre Plus.

"One of the major setbacks that affect a large proportion of our customers is the need to overcome the language barrier, with some customers speaking little or no English at all. It is our role to address such barriers and equip individuals with the necessary skills to enter full time employment". - taken from the Best website.

ALL unemployed people in this country are, according to official figures, being disadvantaged by economic mass immigration.

Whilst the W2W organisations are profiting from it.

Archived