Norway Attacks Kill 91 People.

Basically it is a wakeup call to western governments to listen to a wider cross section of views. Often it is the opinions of the vocal minorities that get the attention of governments while others in the community become increasingly frustrated that they are ignored or labeled ignorant etc. the scary thing is people calling this murderer a nutter ,i'd say he's far from it, this was a well planned attack 3 years in the making,not the work of some random nutcase, it sounds like some kind of personal crusade equal to the muslim jihadist's

The worrying thing is how many people are using his actions to highlight their own cause..

ALL extremism is a pile of horse droppings.

ALL extremist violence is to be condemned regardless of who the sad idiots are.

All this does is show the far right extremists are just as, maybe more, dangerous than the people they claim to hate because of Islamic extremism.

Hopefully this'll show up the extreme right for what they really are. :)

Some posters have been lucky enough that the forum has cleaned the egg off their faces for them. But my word there were a lot of eggy faces on the 'Oslo Bombing' thread after it had been closed.

Oddly many of those posters seem determined to smear egg all over their faces once again in this thread.

ALL extremism is a pile of horse droppings.

ALL extremist violence is to be condemned regardless of who the sad idiots are.

All this does is show the far right extremists are just as, maybe more, dangerous than the people they claim to hate because of Islamic extremism.

Hopefully this'll show up the extreme right for what they really are. :)

:huh: How exactly do you figure that Fascists are more dangerous than Islamofascists?

Some posters have been lucky enough that the forum has cleaned the egg off their faces for them. But my word there were a lot of eggy faces on the 'Oslo Bombing' thread after it had been closed.

In a way I'm glad it was closed Phanerothyme because they can't edit or delete their posts.

:huh: How exactly do you figure that Fascists are more dangerous than Islamofascists?

Possibly so because they have been ignored for a while. I don't know if upinwath has his own rationale, or what it might be. I don't think he would take kindly to me speaking for him.

Bigotry is bigotry, whether it is based on class, culture, religion, skin colour or whatever it is all born of ignorance and fear. The boundless stupidity of bigots never ceases to amaze me, we are all people of the world and there isn't a great deal to differentiate one person from another other than experience and education; why so many people can't seem to get their heads around that one simple fact seems almost beyond comprehension to me.

Doesn’t your animosity and intolerance to the people you believe are bigots make you a bigot.

Absolutely not, my post in no way suggests animosity so much as incredulity at the irrational actions based on ignorance that would cause an arrogant and intolerant persons ability to hate; and more to the point in this case to act on an irrational hate to actually perform such an abhorrent execution as Oslo.

Possibly so because they have been ignored for a while. I don't know if upinwath has his own rationale, or what it might be. I don't think he would take kindly to me speaking for him.

Ignored by who? It's certainly true that before David Copelands attacks the intelligence services were guilty of ignoring the far right, whilst paying far more attention than need be the the left, but since then they seem to have been pretty active in penetrating the far right. There are numerous stories of foiled bomb plots by the far right as a result of this.

At a lower level I was organising an event a while back & we became aware of the possibility that the EDL might turn up to try and disrupt it. We contacted the police about this were put in contact with special branch and they said they were aware of the chatter about our event but didn't think anything would come of it. They were correct the EDL never turned up.

Possibly because they are more "acceptable" to society and so they are not noticed till it's too late.

By that I don't mean their actions, but as normal everyday people they come from the same ethnic group as the majority of the West and so are perhaps a little freer to get on with planning.

Archived