Norway Attacks Kill 91 People.

I'm right wing Christian with plenty of military training and have come across neo Nazi websites.

It takes more than that to want to harm anyone, never mind committing mass murder. Such action goes against everything your taught as a child upwards.

So basically you fit the profile and the stereotype of a terrorist. Of course you're not a terrorist but it shows you the weakness of profiling and stereotyping eh?

Except for #2 as you've put a 'suspicious' smiley there. #2 would seem to be uppermost in your mind.

I put a :suspect: in because it's like a Hollywood plot to suggest such a thing.

Say my kids were being held and it's do this or we kill them, would I do it? I really doubt I would.

I'm right wing Christian with plenty of military training and have come across neo Nazi websites.

It takes more than that to want to harm anyone, never mind committing mass murder. Such action goes against everything your taught as a child upwards.

yes all it takes is somebody to want to step over that line and take it one step further, thats why its so dangerous when not kept in check.

plus at the minute muslims are the devils of the world so people like this tend to bypass the radar.

not sure he had military training? do they do national service in norway?

says he had a farm and so could acquire the fertiliser needed for a bomb

So basically you fit the profile and the stereotype of a terrorist. Of course you're not a terrorist but it shows you the weakness of profiling and stereotyping eh?

True. Patterns are useful but nothings perfect. I had no doubt yesterday it was Islamic nutters as it fitted the pattern. I was wrong this time.

Just to be clear I would never harm anyone. I have a vote and I use that and would/ have defended the system we live by.

So now we know: it was a Christian terrorist all along :

Norway suspect described as right-wing Christian

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fgw-norway-attacks-20110724,0,3637984.story?track=rss

I find it a little distasteful that you appear to be wallowing in the fact that it wasn't a muslim extremist attack.

Norway has mandatory military service of nineteen months for men between the ages of 18.5 (17 with parental consent) and 44 (55 in case of war).

[...] As of 2011, an average of 27% of young men actually complete military service each year.[48] The remainder, for the most part, either are formally dismissed after medical tests or obtain deferral from the service because of studies or stays abroad

It seems they do, but it isn't an automatic thing for everyone.

yes all it takes is somebody to want to step over that line and take it one step further, thats why its so dangerous when not kept in check.

plus at the minute muslims are the devils of the world so people like this tend to bypass the radar.

says he had a farm and so could acquire the fertiliser needed for a bomb

It takes more than just basic military service to make a bomb, even if you have a farm. Maybe they can buy commercial explosives as farmers in Norway? Even then it's a stretch to think he acted alone.

It takes more than just basic military service to make a bomb

no it doesnt

theres been plenty of people that have made bombs without any military training whatsoever

animal liberation groups

i bet plenty of IRA members didnt get any

That's horrific...

In a country with a population of less than five million that will have a deep impact on the nation.

My thoughts are with them in this dark hour.

Absolutely terrible. The people that did this are evil. Thoughts with the Norwegians.

Archived