How Far Does Your Memory Stretch?

What was the question again?

Actually i can remember my brother being brought home from hospital after he was born, i was 4 yrs old.

Also the death of Winston Churchill, everyone on our street had their curtains closed and later when i recalled this memory to my late mum she told me that would have been the occasion, i was 5 then.

two or three one if not the first was when put in the homes while my mother was having a baby i must have pooped the bed remember being gather in sheets and all and dumped in a bath of ice cold water, that was 74_75 yrs, it must have worked up till now

Did anyone make a tapestry of this event? :rolleyes:

My first memory is also of watching the Coronation on TV - I was 3. As hillsboro wrote, few people had a TV and half the neighbourhood was in our front room watching the Coronation. I also remember Roger Bannister running the first 4-minute mile the following year.

My first memory is also of watching the Coronation on TV - I was 3. As hillsboro wrote, few people had a TV and half the neighbourhood was in our front room watching the Coronation. I also remember Roger Bannister running the first 4-minute mile the following year.

It was same year 1953 that Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Ten Sing conquered Mount Everest

Born 1936 can remember looking up to the wicker bridge and seeing the hole from the bombing you can still see the outline ,and all the burnt out buildings and the terrible smell from what was Walshes store even long after the war was over. I also remember after V.E Night a lot of places had bonfires and us local lads had one on the field where firth park bowling alley is now ,and one of the mothers gave us a pile of roast potatoes in her new enamel pie dish,we found out that if you put a firework under it on going off the dish went well up in to the air, great fun till Mrs B came out for her dish ,what was left of it we all received a thick ear but it was worth it

What was the question again?

Actually i can remember my brother being brought home from hospital after he was born, i was 4 yrs old.

Also the death of Winston Churchill, everyone on our street had their curtains closed and later when i recalled this memory to my late mum she told me that would have been the occasion, i was 5 then.

I was staying at the Youth Hostel in Castleton when I heard of the great man's death, the respect at that time was fantastic.

I can remember New Years Eve 1950 like it was yesterday. I was allowed to stay up and watch it on TV with my Grandmother and was given a watered down Port & Lemon to toast it with her. I was 6 then and now'days I can't remember what I had for dinner last night

Archived