Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

Very sad news. She had a huge talent. I posted on another forum a few weeks ago mentioning that even smashed she never sang a note out of tune. A superb voice.

She had serious mental health problems, which were quite obvious. Some people try and escape using drink and drugs, these into the mix and there is a recipe for disaster. Having fame and money don't make issues better in many cases, as has clearly been shown with her, and many other people in the past.

That's just my opinion

I agree with you, most of us are probably very lucky in the fact that we will never feel the torment and pain that Amy obviously had to feel the need to resort to drugs. People will always be ignorant to something they don't quite understand and i'd like to know how many people who have commented on here have reached for the bottle if they feel 'the need'.She didn't seem a bad person and i think it is so disprespectful what some people are saying about her R.I.P. Amy.

Very observant. Clemency is amazing when you can sing.

Did nothing for me but was obviously talented which both have no relevance. Just a young woman in her prime, then gone.

It is so true though, you hear of local people dying and if drugs have been involved then it's ''he was a frequent drug user'' or words to that effect. Amy Winehouse's is ''she had drink and drug problems''. The only difference is she had money and was a celebrity.

It is so true though, you hear of local people dying and if drugs have been involved then it's ''he was a frequent drug user'' or words to that effect. Amy Winehouse's is ''she had drink and drug problems''. The only difference is she had money and was a celebrity.

So because of this she is deserving of less respect in death than say a stranger off the street? If I heard a neighbour had died at 27 years old through a history of drug abuse, I might not mourn them especially, but I certainly wouldn't say things like 'good riddance' etc.

Very sad news. She had a huge talent. I posted on another forum a few weeks ago mentioning that even smashed she never sang a note out of tune. A superb voice.

She had serious mental health problems, which were quite obvious. Some people try and escape using drink and drugs, these into the mix and there is a recipe for disaster. Having fame and money don't make issues better in many cases, as has clearly been shown with her, and many other people in the past.

That's just my opinion.

Rest in peace.

It is not disrespectful it is the truth, she got into a life of drink and drugs, she had plenty of people rallying round to try and help her sort her self out... some people have to battle it out alone. So let's not get into that. I do know about alcohol abuse actually as my uncle died from it and left children and grandchildren behind. He knew full well what he was doing, he had no reason to do it, but he chose to continue to abuse alcohol.

So because of this she is deserving of less respect in death than say a stranger off the street? If I heard a neighbour had died at 27 years old through a history of drug abuse, I might not mourn them especially, but I certainly wouldn't say things like 'good riddance' etc.
Did I say that? No. That wasn't me who said good riddance. It is sad for the people she left behind but was she thinking of them with every puff of drug she was doing? She died yes it's sad but I am mourning someone much closer to home who died on the same day as she did.

Very sad, she joins Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain who all passed away aged 27.

.......and my sister Marie who died tragically aged 27 :(

So young, so sad

The great british public never fail to suprise me, yet again we are making a martyr out of a women that had 2 records (and one of them was a cover of a Zutton's song)

No one is making her a martyr.

She had more than 2 records. She was a very talented person. She chose the wrong path and paid the price.....does that mean we shouldnt care that she died ?

Archived