Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

But you've hogged the Amy Whinehouse death thread with your opinion. Leave it be and understand not everybody liked her.

The thread is entitled Amy Winehouse RIP (Rest In Peace), not anyone who thinks Amy Winehouse was crap please take the **** here!!

She wasnt my cup of tea at all, and i really dont think she was a good role model to anyone either, plus she brought it on herself, she was given help numerous times, so to me, no great loss, but sympathy for her family.

I never buy in to the role model thing, unless you are sum boy/girl band purely aimed at kids you have no responsibility to be any kind of role model dor anyone. You start out to make music not to show people how to live their lives just cos you're in the public eye.

Just another dead druggie. No big deal really.

Moron. Why do people feel that because someone was a "druggie" their lives don't count or they don't really exist? She was still a 27 yr old lass and like thousands of others died too young. I bet you spout crap like that with a fag in one hand n a pint in the other and expect everyone to cry if you die of cancer.

Not really been disrespectful, just stating the facts. The way she lived her life, it comes as no surprise and it's hardly a shocker that she has been found dead.

We all know the facts and the likelyhood of this happening. The fact is it has and it's pretty sad.

Back To Black sold over 10 MILLION copies!!!! 2 songs??

THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!

You are correct, back to black did sell 10million copys on the back of her brits performance. Look up how many albums she sold the year before or after the brits.

She was just another 'Flash in the pan' 'good for 2 years artist' and for people to put her alongside Jazz greats (that has been posted on this thread) is laughable.

Ms Winehouse has corted publicity in the last 5 years for one thing only, and sadly this ended her life.

I don't think it's bickering, it's more of a debate about what's right and wrong. I think people have strong opinions on the life of the late Amy Winehouse and the subject of who and why someone deserves/doesn't deserve respect.

But, perhaps this isn't the correct thread for those opinions and should therefore be left for posters who admired her for her musical ability rather than anything else that she got upto away from her chosen profession.

Your dead right, it's not the correct thread to rubbish the dead on, I'm glad that it finally got through to you.

Archived