Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

Amy Winehouse dead, hardly a surprise really and there are more important things going off in the world than the death of some junkie that just happened to sing a few songs.

Yes so lets just only have threads about the "important things" and nothing else.

Sky's home affairs correspondent Mark White says it is believed the singer died of a suspected drug overdose but officially her death is being treated as "unexplained." Don't know why her drug use is seeming to be OK but if any normal person had done drugs and died of an overdose people would think it would be OK to slate them for using drugs.

Would they? Dont judge us all on your standards.

I think its a terrible shame and I got slated on facebook for saying it in light of the Norway situation.

Whilst both are tragic I think people relate to Amy more, they have listened to her music, they have seen her during her highs and her lows. They saw a young girl get influenced by a bad person then the downhill spiral that followed. They then saw her family trying to help and most recently her management making her go on stage drunk and her looking like a Deer in the headlights, pleading to get off but not being allowed.

Thats why I'm sad for her. If her management cared less about her lining their pockets and more about her wellbeing then maybe she might still be here today.

I think its a terrible shame and I got slated on facebook for saying it in light of the Norway situation.

Whilst both are tragic I think people relate to Amy more, they have listened to her music, they have seen her during her highs and her lows. They saw a young girl get influenced by a bad person then the downhill spiral that followed. They then saw her family trying to help and most recently her management making her go on stage drunk and her looking like a Deer in the headlights, pleading to get off but not being allowed.

Thats why I'm sad for her. If her management cared less about her lining their pockets and more about her wellbeing then maybe she might still be here today.

Tess, though I respect your opinion you have to remember that we all have choices in life, obviously Ms Winehouse made the wrong ones.

Just thought, if Amy is having a Jewish funeral it should be happening today, however she died on the sabbath, so probably Monday would be acceptable.

So she rebelled right to the end then, shooting up on the sabbath, surely that cant be allowed?

It's always sad when somebody dies, especially at such a young age but despite that, I couldn't stand anything about the woman.

Her tuneless voice grated on me, the number of fans who went to see her live and came away completely disappointed seemed to be of record proportions for a recording artist and, on top of that, she was far from the prettiest picture in the gallery.

I also find that anybody, famous or otherwise, who gets involved in drug culture a complete loser and waster and it's for these reasons that I'm not going to be hypocritical and start saying nice things about her just because her behaviour has led to the only result possible.

*Sits and waits for that other loser and waster otherwise known as Pete Doherty to end up the same way*:roll:

You are correct, back to black did sell 10million copys on the back of her brits performance. Look up how many albums she sold the year before or after the brits.

She was just another 'Flash in the pan' 'good for 2 years artist' and for people to put her alongside Jazz greats (that has been posted on this thread) is laughable.

Ms Winehouse has corted publicity in the last 5 years for one thing only, and sadly this ended her life.

Do you always assess an artist's quality and talent on album sales, chart performance and your own subjective tastes?

She had enormous talent. Addiction masked that, and robbed her of her ability to shine. It's tragic that her personality and circumstances couldn't give her the strength, ability and motivation to put her talent first.

It's always sad when somebody dies, especially at such a young age but despite that, I couldn't stand anything about the woman.

Her tuneless voice grated on me, the number of fans who went to see her live and came away completely disappointed seemed to be of record proportions for a recording artist and, on top of that, she was far from the prettiest picture in the gallery.

I also find that anybody, famous or otherwise, who gets involved in drug culture a complete loser and waster and it's for these reasons that I'm not going to be hypocritical and start saying nice things about her just because her behaviour has led to the only result possible.

*Sits and waits for that other loser and waster otherwise known as Pete Doherty to end up the same way*:roll:

Can I come and sit with you because we may need to duck from all of them who think we shouldn't have an opinion.

Facebook is nothing, it's not important, just some nonsense some people use for banal stuff and some insignificant wimps hide behind to cyberbully others.

Archived