Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

...I also find that anybody, famous or otherwise, who gets involved in drug culture a complete loser and waster...

I wonder how much fantastic music by the great, outstandingly successful musical talents of the last century hasn't been influenced by 'drug culture'...

She had enormous talent. Addiction masked that, and robbed her of her ability to shine. It's tragic that her personality and circumstances couldn't give her the strength, ability and motivation to put her talent first.

It appears that she was happy enough getting cranked up and turning into a living skeleton, instead of trying to get the help that the concerned people around her would have hoped for, so I'm not sure how she was 'robbed'.

It appears that she was happy enough getting cranked up and turning into a living skeleton, instead of trying to get the help that the concerned people around her would have hoped for, so I'm not sure how she was 'robbed'.

Do you think that her decisions in the last years of her life were made objectively? Or were they, perhaps, influenced by factors inherent to her addiction?

Well you can keep 'I am the walrus' for starters :hihi:

I don't fancy that one. I will, however, happily hang on to Pump It Up.

I wonder how much fantastic music by the great, outstandingly successful musical talents of the last century hasn't been influenced by 'drug culture'...

Cigarettes, whiskey & wild wild women, well sort of, it's all around folk like Amy 24/7. I know guys that now they are retired, spend hours in the pub, they are weak, as was Amy, there's nothing wrong with showing pity for the weak.

Most of it. The media/promoters will always overplay the drug culture issue to give a certain artist more 'street cred' amongst the mainly gullible and incredulous youth.

Do you think that her decisions in the last years of her life were made objectively? Or were they, perhaps, influenced by factors inherent to her addiction?

I think she had the luxury of a fat bank account to feed her habit. Perhaps if she'd been skint, herself and Blake would have been out mugging grannies and burgling. She wasn't out of her tree all of the time and would have been well aware that she had family and friends who must have been distraught, having to watch while she destroyed herself.

Can I come and sit with you because we may need to duck from all of them who think we shouldn't have an opinion.

You're more than welcome missflirtuk. I've always been amazed as to why so many people seem to idolise druggies who happen to have been lucky enough to have some success. For me it completely dehumanises mankind.

Tess, though I respect your opinion you have to remember that we all have choices in life, obviously Ms Winehouse made the wrong ones.

She was also noted for having mental health issues. Does that mean she still had a choice?

We all make bad moves in life, and some of us do it with out any clouded judgement by manic depression.

She was 27 years old and did some unpredictable things...just like i did at that age, and will keep doing through out my life. Will you? or will you carry on sitting there from your perfect little life judging others?

Archived