Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

Last night the pub was full of Amy's music.

It was very moving, not one bad track among 'em.

3 albums, all very good.

A great talent wasted.

R.I.P Amy.

That contralto voice of hers was so much like that of Ella Fitzgerald, and you don't get much better than that.

or will you carry on sitting there from your perfect little life judging others?

That is uncalled for.:rolleyes:

It depends on whether we take the view that once a person starts taking drugs they cease to be and no longer have the ability to control themselves at all, or that their judgement is diminished but they can still have the potential to dig themselves out of their rut if they really want to.

Fifty years ago we smoked cigarettes because we were told they were beneficial to our health (and 'cause we enjoyed them). What planet has somebody been living on if, in the twenty-first century, they are in the dark about what intravenous drug use leads to?

That contralto voice of hers was so much like that of Ella Fitzgerald, and you don't get much better than that.

Her music was so soulful and emotive. Her death is truly tragic and a dreadful waste, not just in terms of the future music we will be deprived of, but a young life snuffed out like that, before they've even had a chance to really live, is always terribly sad.:(

Whether she took drugs or not does not make her death (and indeed life) any less tragic in my view. It's obvious to anyone that she had mental health issues and the drugs and alcohol made her life more bearable.

That is uncalled for.:rolleyes:

It depends on whether we take the view that once a person starts taking drugs they cease to be and no longer have the ability to control themselves at all, or that their judgement is diminished but they can still have the potential to dig themselves out of their rut if they really want to.

Fifty years ago we smoked cigarettes because we were told they were beneficial to our health (and 'cause we enjoyed them). What planet has somebody been living on if, in the twenty-first century, they are in the dark about what intravenous drug use leads to?

Now read the rest of my post where it states she had manic depression.

Would a person with mental health issues have the potential to dig themselves out of their rut?

Now read the rest of my post where it states she had manic depression.

I did.

Would a person with mental health issues have the potential to dig themselves out of their rut?

Some manage to, some don't. They have to want to do it, for a start.

A drink amd drug addict dies and its on the news. I think that in itself is sad. All the excuses but no1 mentions she chose to engage in life threatning activities and now she has died words such as shock are being used. Hardly a shock is it. The person who will be most affected is her poor drug dealer who has lost a valued customer. Good ridence to another smackhead I say. Now hopefully more young musicians will see her plight and choose to stay away from the life she CHOSE.

Archived