Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

A mate of mine chucked his self under a lorry whilst suffering from depression, it certainly did the trick.

I know someone who jumped off a bridge onto the road. Same result. This is where suicidal thoughts can lead, unfortunately. Drugs are for kicks; getting high. People don't start injecting heroin, even with the knowledge of the potential consequences, to end their life there and then.

Yes she was. Even her version of Valerie makes use of more complex chords than The Zutons originally used.

Contralto voices are something else, particularly when they are as good as hers, you obviously have good taste, unlike some.

I know someone who jumped off a bridge onto the road. Same result. This is where suicidal thoughts can lead, unfortunately. Drugs are for kicks; getting high. People don't start injecting heroin, even with the knowledge of the potential consequences, to end their life there and then.

Jazz singers do, check it out.

Climb back into your tree fool. Those were the words of Tony Bennett by the way, but you will no doubt know better.

You're calling me a fool because I don't accept Amy Winehouse as a) a jazz singer - and b) the greatest female one, until her untimely death?

Look, I'm not going to insult you and there is nothing wrong with you enjoying her music but to make those claims shows that your knowledge just isn't there.

What? major and minor 7ths?? complex?? hardly Joe Zawinul is it!!

Nope, because it was a cover of someone else's song. But it was more complex than what The Zutons were using. A song like 'Me and Mr Jones' is wonderfully constructed. Does an augmented chord improve her jazz credentials?

They are also used as a coping mechanism.

Archived