Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

As the thread title says. Amy Winehouse R.I.P. How can she rest in peace when there is such venom towards her.....I was always told not to speak ill of the dead. If you can't say anything good, best say nothing at all.

A drink amd drug addict dies and its on the news. I think that in itself is sad. All the excuses but no1 mentions she chose to engage in life threatning activities and now she has died words such as shock are being used. Hardly a shock is it. The person who will be most affected is her poor drug dealer who has lost a valued customer. Good ridence to another smackhead I say. Now hopefully more young musicians will see her plight and choose to stay away from the life she CHOSE.

People don't CHOSE to have mental health issues. Perhaps we should chuck these people in asylums like in the days, then we won't have to see it in the news will we. :roll:

i know plenty of people who are/have been depressed. None of the ones I know have decided to start buying and injecting heroin.

Ah this explains it. There obviously aren't varying degrees of depression then. Same with eating disorders perhaps.

People don't CHOSE to have mental health issues. Perhaps we should chuck these people in asylums like in the days, then we won't have to see it in the news will we. :roll:

here here

If that was the case i would be in a mental asyylum as I too suffer from depression. I choose to take prescription drugs if its necessary but other choose different.

AMY was a fantastic singer and no one can dispute that her voice was amazing - she may not be everyones cup of tea but no one can say she was a crap singer.

As the thread title says. Amy Winehouse R.I.P. How can she rest in peace when there is such venom towards her.....I was always told not to speak ill of the dead. If you can't say anything good, best say nothing at all.

Plese dont this the wrong way BUT why not 'moderate' on here and prun the posts out by people like speedt who are VERY disrespectful! Someone just put a joke sale in the classifieds, genuinely humorous. It was removed in minutes, but yet you let idiot post on here?

here here

If that was the case i would be in a mental asyylum as I too suffer from depression. I choose to take prescription drugs if its necessary but other choose different.

AMY was a fantastic singer and no one can dispute that her voice was amazing - she may not be everyones cup of tea but no one can say she was a crap singer.

I agree with you, what is the difference in taking prescription drugs for depression/bi-polarity etc to make life more bearable and using recreational mood enhancing drugs?

She was a fantastically talented artist and a refreshing change from the overly manufactured and plastic bland looking girl bands and solo artists who churn out rubbish. She had a wonderfully distinctive and powerful voice and did not conform to the ubiquitous babe look.

Yes when he said that she can sing jazz, I knew what he meant. Some sing to jazz, which is completely different to being able to sing jazz.

Poster shims disagrees with me, and I assume with Tony Bennett, we should be honoured to have such an authority on the forum.

Plese dont this the wrong way BUT why not 'moderate' on here and prun the posts out by people like speedt who are VERY disrespectful! Someone just put a joke sale in the classifieds, genuinely humorous. It was removed in minutes, but yet you let idiot post on here?

Iphonelover....Joanl is an assistant mod therefore they will have a few sections that they can moderate. So they may not have access to this.

Mort was on here and has deleted quite a few posts and I am sure he will be back to delete quite a few more.

Yes when he said that she can sing jazz, I knew what he meant. Some sing to jazz, which is completely different to being able to sing jazz.

Poster shims disagrees with me, and I assume with Tony Bennett, we should be honoured to have such an authority on the forum.

I think it irrelevant really whether or not people liked her music. What I abhor is the fact that there is a sizeable number of people who are quick to sit in judgement about her lifestyle and its contribution to her death, which we do not know for fact by the way. She may have had a heart attack for all we all know and died of natural causes. Regardless of how she died, the fact that she died so young and was clearly a tortured soul, is in itself is tragic. It is that lack of sympathy and empathy that I struggle to come to terms with.

I remember seeing some extremely disturbing vitriol on here when Jade Goody was dying. You don't have to like someone to empathise with them, something that many people are unable to grasp.:(

Archived