Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

I'm not going to get into a slanging match with anyone on the SF. . . .

But, why would anyone want to start a thread. . . .

Amy Winehouse-Good bye to bad rubbish?

A young woman has died tragically and she is someones daughter/relative etc

As far as I can see the only person she has hurt is herself

Very Sad.

AMY was a fantastic singer and no one can dispute that her voice was amazing

Of course they can.

she may not be everyones cup of tea but no one can say she was a crap singer.

I wouldn't say she was a crap singer either. There is a vast spectrum between 'crap' and 'amazing'. Why must people take such an instant, simplistic view of things?

I doubt people who consider her to be the best voice out there have heard of, never mind heard some of the best singers out there!

She was a fantastically talented artist and a refreshing change from the overly manufactured and plastic bland looking girl bands and solo artists who churn out rubbish.

Ok, so, basically she was better than a load of crap. There is other stuff out there that people have yet to discover. Obviously.

I think it irrelevant really whether or not people liked her music. What I abhor is the fact that there is a sizeable number of people who are quick to sit in judgement about her lifestyle and its contribution to her death, which we do not know for fact by the way. She may have had a heart attack for all we all know and died of natural causes. Regardless of how she died, the fact that she died so young and was clearly a tortured soul, is in itself is tragic. It is that lack of sympathy and empathy that I struggle to come to terms with.

What we do know is that her lifestyle caused her health issues of recent years.

I remember seeing some extremely disturbing vitriol on here when Jade Goody was dying. You don't have to like someone to empathise with them, something that many people are unable to grasp.:(

Perhaps people are just fed up with the media coverage of people like Jade Goody who was well known for, well, nothing much at all. People are dying tragically every day and sometimes it seems like the masses are blaisé about it. Like they need some personality to focus their attention on and sometimes even, live their lives through.

Of course they can.

I wouldn't say she was a crap singer either. There is a vast spectrum between 'crap' and 'amazing'. Why must people take such an instant, simplistic view of things?

I doubt people who consider her to be the best voice out there have heard of, never mind heard some of the best singers out there!

Ok, so, basically she was better than a load of crap. There is other stuff out there that people have yet to discover. Obviously.

No they cant despute that she was an amazing singer - she just isnt everyones up of tea.

If you look on the thread you will see that people have said she was crap and couldnt sing - unless they have been deleted thats who I am aiming that too...

Perhaps people are just fed up with the media coverage of people like Jade Goody who was well know for, well, nothing much at all. People are dying tragically every day and sometimes it seems like the masses are blaisé about it. Like they need some personality to focus their attention on and sometimes even, live their lives through.

Its bound to be in the media though as they are celebrities.

And I agree that there are people dying every day and if its reported on here and I see it I pay my respects even if I dont know them personally. Its common decency surely ?

Archived