Amy Winehouse RIP

Waddle

It's tragic that someone so young has died in such horrible circumstances. That she was a talented singer songwriter who lost control of her drink and class A habit only adds poignancy to her untimely death.

I've often wondered why she was so self destructive. Everyone I've ever met who has followed that path has had an unhappy childhood and has suffered neglect at the very least.

OK, I did say NEVER sang a note out of tune... so perhaps I was being lame... but then 'picking out a video' that was in the last weeks of her life when it seems that she was at her worst, and heading for her own demise could equally be considered lame. Or cruel.

Take a look at this when she was off her head. Granted most of the lyrics after the first minute are slurred, but there isn't a single note out of tune...

I'm not going to get in to an argument with you ash. The poor lass has died. I just posted to point out a glaring mistake. That's all.

I'm not going to get in to an argument with you ash. The poor lass has died. I just posted to point out a glaring mistake. That's all.

Fair enough 07. I just felt that linking this last month's performance was a weak argument, since she was clearly fooked, and pretty much obviously close to beyond help.

I was perhaps aiming my slight anger at the posts that I'm reading from before they were deleted, when her MH problems were just brushed off.

Fair enough 07. I just felt that linking this last month's performance was a weak argument, since she was clearly fooked, and pretty much obviously close to beyond help.

I was perhaps aiming my slight anger at the posts that I'm reading from before they were deleted, when her MH problems were just brushed off.

But you did say

even smashed she never sang a note out of tune
:)

I haven't seen the deleted posts. I kept away from the thread when i noticed it taking on an extreme amount of posts. I knew some people would be having a dig even though the lass has died.

Sky's home affairs correspondent Mark White says it is believed the singer died of a suspected drug overdose but officially her death is being treated as "unexplained." Don't know why her drug use is seeming to be OK but if any normal person had done drugs and died of an overdose people would think it would be OK to slate them for using drugs.

Very observant. Clemency is amazing when you can sing.

Did nothing for me but was obviously talented which both have no relevance. Just a young woman in her prime, then gone.

I wonder how much her parasite of an ex-husband is to blame for what became of her .. I suspect she was only smoking herb before she got involved with him.

One commentator said she never used drugs before meeting him, he was the great love of her life and his malign influence took a grip on her.

She was a good singer pity she took drugs and became an alco though and getting involved with that smack head Pete Doherty can't have helped her if she had not got involved with drugs and booze she might have gone on to become a great singer but we will never know

She was a good singer pity she took drugs and became an alco though and getting involved with that smack head Pete Doherty can't have helped her if she had not got involved with drugs and booze she might have gone on to become a great singer but we will never know

Didn't know she had - thought she was married to Blake Fielder Civil

I can see this thread going AWOL shortly. At least she joined the hall of fame at 27. To the berks slagging, half the decent music you listen too, was probably written/sung by someone you would least want to live next door too.

That's true I saw Jimi Hendrix in 1967, the greatest legend ever but I certainly wouldn't have wanted him as a neighbour and there are so many others - Janis Joplin for one. They get dragged into a drug fuelled world and then their life spirals out of control - so sad, so many talented people

Archived