Ambleside School Fulwood - Any info please

• 3 years later...

I was a boarder at Miss Foot's school. There were eight of us in Miss Foot's class, including Mrs Staves who also taught the class! I remember the girls wore school caps like the boys.. so cool! We had straw boaters for summer. Maroon and silver uniform. After homework, Miss Foot read us a story while we had supper. There was a woman who cooked and did laundry for us called "Ward". She wore a very theatrical Victorian maids uniform! In the middle of one night around 1960 the Great Sheffield Gale struck, and we thought the world had come to an end ~ the racket outside... our roof partially slipped off, bins crashed about in the back, trees ripped out etc... then my little brother in the bed across from me started sleep-walking around the room. Surreal. I liked it there. Muss Foot resembled Queen Victoria! She'd give us all a little peck on the cheek as she tucked us up nicely each night... she really was a sweet lady. My dear Mum couldn't afford the fees so we had to leave eventually... then I went to Carter Knowle Primary ~^*¥!?!

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 14:00 ----------

I would like to get in touch with schoolmates from Miss Foot's school, but don't want to put names up without their say~so, so if you went to this school, I'm Heather Sidery! Gerrin touch!!! X

We just missed each other then. I can't remember any names of any others who were at the school at the same time as me. Mind you, I was only 3 when I started there. My brother was born 1958 and he went there for just a couple of years too.

Mum and Dad couldn't afford to keep us both there, so moved me, and later my brother, to Nether Green Infants and Juniors just across the road. We lived at the Rising Sun Inn at Nether Green, so didn't have to travel far at all.

• 3 months later...

I was there with my brother Chris. Miss Foot was a sweet little head teacher, who kept us happy and busy! I was there around 1960/1, and often think about my friends there, and the extra~curricular activities we had. Lovely days! Heather Sidery