Plea for Suggestions

Andy90

Before I begin I want to admit that yes I enjoy the occasional shameless plug, but this is a legitimate post.

I'm collecting attractions for my site, mostly going to Service Stations and Tourist Info and picking up all flyers for places (their own individual flyers, not corporate packs from other companies).

Finding things for Leeds, York, Bradford, East Coast were all relatively easy, however as I am getting more searches for Sheffield than any other place so I think it only fair to put my attention here.

The problem is that I'm honestly struggling to find things to do and I wondered if I could ask the audience so to speak.

I know this post is in the topic for things to do, but it's mostly talking about events, restaurants etc, which I don't cover.

I'm in need of museums, parks, go karting, markets, places you would go as a family.

I already have things like:

Botanical Gardens

Kelham Island (and friends)

Tramway Museum

Hillsborough Leisure Centre

Fire and Police Museum

Sheffield Ski Village

South Yorkshire Transport Museum

Peace Gardens

Forge Dam Park

It's an enormous project so far, and I'll do all the work, I just need hints what to research/add.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Weston Park Museum

Norfolk Park and link to SCC's ranger events as there's always something going on in Sheffields 50 odd parks.

Rother Valley Country Park

There's the Millenium Galleries and a seperate gallery on top of Sheffield Central LIbrary which usually has a wide variety of displays.

The Butterfly House - which is identified as Sheffield but it's just outside.

Rivelin Valley park, pladdling pools and playground.

Bishops House.

Highfields Adventure Playground

Heeley City Farm

Graves Park Rare Breeds Centre, playground, park, tennis courts, wood carvings etc etc

Endcliffe Park linking to Bingley Park

Hillsborough Walled Gardens with historical bits to look for

6 million kids play centres (you'll find most of them with a commentary listed in the parenting group)

Sheffield Theatres have loads of stuff for kids and a festival each summer. And it's not just the Crucible and Lyceum, there's The Montgomery, The Lantern and lots of others.

Fab treat shop on Ecclesall Road called Cocoa and it's classed as a major treat for my kids to go there for an old fashioned lemonade and some chocolate.

Evie and Zebra many thanks for those, some good ones I didn't have.

Though only Sheffield Council could list attractions on their site with no address/location!!

I'm not able to find Fab treat, does it go by another name?

Zebra - Thanks for the idea about play centres, I'll have a look for those next :)

Evei - Climbing, I try and stick to the line of 'would a bored family decide to go there on a Sunday afternoon'. However if there is an interest I would be happy to consider that kind of thing.

It's called Cocoa

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150292758545562.542490.827465561#!/cocoa.sheffield

Our parenting group had a thread going at one stage for things to do or days out.

Which reminds me of the miniature railway on Abbeydale Road South. I can't remember the name of the place but that might just be enough information to go on.

EDIT: Found it http://www.loco.talktalk.net/smee06/timetable.htm

Evei - Climbing, I try and stick to the line of 'would a bored family decide to go there on a Sunday afternoon'. However if there is an interest I would be happy to consider that kind of thing.

I think they do introduction lessons if booked in advance and I reckon they would be quite fun to do as a family, though I guess not cheap!

http://www.climbingworks.com/the-works/courses/

http://www.climbingworks.com/the-works/children-at-the-works/

Zebra - Looks more like a shop from their website, so might have to pass. I'm going through that other link now. Splash, can't find a link to an official site :/

Evei - thanks for the thought but maybe at a later date

here'2'there - thanks, had a look on google for zorbing at graves park but I only seem to find youtube vids for people doing it and no organisers, thanks though

:)

Archived