Do the British far right do enough about condemning racist extremism?

Do the British far right do enough about condemning racist extremism?

Nope, quite the opposite. From what I've seen, they're on a charm offensive to try and justify it.

Well, as charming as their myopic views can be, anyway

So every time someone uses the term 'far right' I should infer that the meaning 'white racists'?

Obviously not in all circumstances in Iran for example 'far right' means something else. However in the context of a British forum in a thread:

"Do the British far right do enough about condemning racist extremism?

I have yet to hear a word from the BNP or EDL condemning the recent attacks and mass murder.

Do the British far right do enough to stop terrorism and should they be more vocal in their condemnation?

(Or even mention it at all.) "

Then it would seem that the meaning of the term "far right" is pretty clear.

Or if they say 'Islamists' then I should infer 'Muslim extremists and terrorists'?

As a rule of thumb maybe you should go by the dictionary definition:

Islamist 1. An Islamic revivalist movement, often characterized by moral conservatism, literalism, and the attempt to implement Islamic values in all spheres of life.

I used the terms to ask for classification because of his gross misunderstanding of how to sort things out.

Well ok then now that your misunderstanding has been dealt with will you please; employ your reasoning and please explain how you can reach an 'understanding' between the far right, liberal democrats and Islamists.

They had democratic views, even if they got distorted, twisted and taken to the extreme. Were they not democratic amongst themselves. (Be aware i',m condoning, siding, etc, with said party, but AFAIK that's why the term 'nazis' are used to refer to that particular... whatevers (insert words of derision!))

:huh: Specially which "democratic views" did the soviet imposed dictators who ruled East Germany with an iron fist have?

It seems to me that the divides are based around which non-existant god certain factions believe in and not about where they were born.

It seems to me that a good number of people use one to justify the other to justify the other.

Archived