The Dog and Partridge, Trippet Lane

Not sure but I think the Anne that used to run it got fed up with the brewery interfering with the running of things and so she moved to the Grapes which is her own pub and free hold, taking all of her customers with her.

Serves the brewery right if you ask me.

Not sure but I think the Anne that used to run it got fed up with the brewery interfering with the running of things and so she moved to the Grapes which is her own pub and free hold, taking all of her customers with her.

Serves the brewery right if you ask me.

Exactly right. The Grapes is fantastic now.

Exactly right. The Grapes is fantastic now.

I thought so because she was behind the bar at the Grapes when I last went in. It was a great atmosphere and plenty of room to move about.

I have some great memories of the Dog & Partridge sat in the back room listening to Morris strum the guitar. In fact I took my wife there on our first date!

It was never going to be the same again though I felt after Morris died.

But like you say, the Grapes is good.

I thought so because she was behind the bar at the Grapes when I last went in. It was a great atmosphere and plenty of room to move about.

I have some great memories of the Dog & Partridge sat in the back room listening to Morris strum the guitar. In fact I took my wife there on our first date!

It was never going to be the same again though I felt after Morris died.

But like you say, the Grapes is good.

Has this happened recently? I used to meet up with a mate in there until a few months ago and quite enjoyed watching the guys in the back room with their guitars. Then one night we arranged to meet in there and it had all changed, no sexy Chinese lass serving and no guitarists so we meet up in other places now because there was no atmosphere or light entertainment.

• 5 months later...

According to the Punch Taverns (spit!) website The Dog and Partridge is available as a "business opportunity" if you are willing to pay their rents and beer prices.

The blurb reads

"Going forward the Dog & Partridge may continue to operate as an Irish pub, however there is scope to introduce a new offer. If a new style of venue is to be introduced the vision and marketing strategy will need to be clear and strong to be successful. There is an opportunity to develop a simple food offer once the kitchen has received some improvements."