The World - Better Without Any Religion.

The World -A Better Place Without Religion?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. The World -A Better Place Without Religion?

• YES
    • NO

Just as it says, would our Planet be a better place without ANY kind of Religion. Seems to me that many "wars" are brought about by some kind of Divine belief.

Wouldn't it be great if we all pulled together as one people - not divided by religion in any way.

To be frank, I am a non believer any way. Until I have PROOF of an after life.

Regards

Angel.

it would be a better world without some religions thats for sure.

"She cites 8th century Muslim leader Haroun al-Rashid (right). Known as Haroun the Upright and Haroun the Rightly Guided) he was believed to have had 2,000 mistresses".

Someone had a sense of humour, even then.

Of course it's a knockdown argument that without religion there'd be less bigotry and hatred in the world - Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot - all well known religious figures! While Martin Luther King, Ghandi etc. etc. contributed nothing to the good of humanity.

Just as it says, would our Planet be a better place without ANY kind of Religion. Seems to me that many "wars" are brought about by some kind of Divine belief.

Wouldn't it be great if we all pulled together as one people - not divided by religion in any way.

To be frank, I am a non believer any way. Until I have PROOF of an after life.

Regards

Angel.

"Would the world be a better place without any kind of religion?"...............not whilst there are any politicians around!

I think in short, yes, the world would be a much better place without religion. Besides the mass brainwashing, religion has contributed like nothing else to the halt of humanity's progress.

The Ionians were on the brink of some great science and maths, two thousand years ago but then this was extinguished for almost one and a half thousand years by religion.

In addition, the great alexandria library in Egypt was ripped down by the Christians. Its scientists tortured and the man who ordered this was made a saint by the church. (Saint Cyril). Nice one Jesus!!

Just think, one and a half thousand years with little to no progress in science or maths.

Imagine where we'd be at now......

Religion can be a good thing. Please blame the individual and not what faith they follow.

It's rarely that you see a double standard so shamelessly advocated.

Why should religion get the credit for "good things" but not the blame for bad things?

Archived