I'm a bit OCD because..

Doesn't that mean they are not in alphabetical order?

It does indeed. My thinking is that CD's need to be alphabetical because you are more often going to reach for them but books once read - less so

I need a few more green spine books, I have loads of blues in all subtle shades and a full spectrum of reds too but greens not so much

..because ive decided to re-organise my entire mp3 collection with new cover album artwork (some of it is poor and only 300x300), folder names and everything. 55 gigs is a mess and in two days only just got to the letter D

Glad it's not just me!

..because ive decided to re-organise my entire mp3 collection with new cover album artwork (some of it is poor and only 300x300), folder names and everything. 55 gigs is a mess and in two days only just got to the letter D

Is that OCD or OCR? (Obsessive Compulsive Re-ordering which perhaps includes Optical Character Recognition?)

Did you write down the list and scan it in?

55gig??

my punk related stuff is over 500gb let alone the rest :P

Glad it's not just me!

No, no, its not just you :(

Is that OCD or OCR? (Obsessive Compulsive Re-ordering which perhaps includes Optical Character Recognition?)

Did you write down the list and scan it in?

No, Artist folders are named correctly, just album titles with the years aren't on a lot of them, and wanted to make sure they appear in their folders chronologically. So I know WHATS there, its just not in the order I want it to be in.

With the art work, some of it was incorrect or not very good quality scans - wanted to update using albumartexchange database. Also, some covers were small (only 120x120) and wanted all the covers to be the same or near the same size (600x600) Also noticed had SHNs & FLACs sorted in with mp3s, so wanted to keep those separated and in their own folders as well.

My physical cd and record collections are all alphabetised, chronologically as well. Its a compulsion.

55gig??

my punk related stuff is over 500gb let alone the rest :P

If I could and had the time, my mp3 collections would probably be just as big. I am jealous ;)

Archived