I'm a bit OCD because..

I''m a bit like that with files myself. My music collection (I wont call it mp3 collection as half of my stuff is in the superior flac format) and my movies etc collections all have to adhere to my way of doing things.

Music is sorted by genre (or close approximation too) then it's artist - album name (year). No a-z folders, or artist folders as drives are now fast enough to display them all rather quickly.

Movies are movie title [year]. Yes square brackets for movies.

There are other OCD related things I do too. I think with the society we live in, and the lack of control we have over our lives as a whole; it's not really surprising that all of us have OCDs.

How about pegging out the washing, but "needing" to make sure the garments are pegged with matching coloured pegs?

(Oh, and and "all-t-shirts-together", "All-trousers-together", and all-skirts-together", etc? Is that OCD enough?)

How about pegging out the washing, but "needing" to make sure the garments are pegged with matching coloured pegs?

(Oh, and and "all-t-shirts-together", "All-trousers-together", and all-skirts-together", etc? Is that OCD enough?)

If those are qualifying qualities, then I've got it too ;)

You should see the food cupboards in the kitchen :P

Gonna sound crazy but i count...... A LOT

Doesn't matter where i am or what i am doing. I count stuff. If there isn't much to count i find a way to break an object down in to shades so each shade can be counted.

The last time i was at the doctors i mentioned it. I don't think she believed me until i informed her that she had 96 tiles on the wall behind her.

It is something i have always done. No idea why. I wish i did know because it really p***** me off at times. Especially when trying to watch something and i find myself counting varying sectors on a window pane :(

I grew out of that one

I used to know how many paving slabs there were on each block from my house to school, and how many courses of bricks each batch of houses had going up the hill

Then there was that kid who drew the houses of parliament from memory...

I grew out of that one

I used to know how many paving slabs there were on each block from my house to school, and how many courses of bricks each batch of houses had going up the hill

Then there was that kid who drew the houses of parliament from memory...

That was Stephen Wilshire, an amazing artist from a young age, who is severely autistic.

this is why I object to labelling people like we do these days

all the best engineers and scientists are 'disfunctional' (if you use those labels). We're not interested in praising people's talents, we're only interested in every child/person being as bland as the next :mad:

Archived