Kpasa west street :(

Yes it's definitely gone (has been for a few months now). :(

It's a shame really, we didn't go as often as we used to but it never really seemed to work after the refurb. The old plastic tablecloths, parties and mexican hat model seemed to work better, while still serving half decent food. The upmarket streamlined K'Pasa just somehow didn't work.

I'm not being a smartarse. I'm just pointing out it's on Glossop Road, not West Street. It would matter if someone was looking for it on West Street, saw a sign saying Glossop Road and turned back.

But they wouldn't would they, because its closed.

Kpasa was my all time favourite eating place in Sheffield, but that's the old Kpasa rather than the updated posher version.

It used to be a good fun restaurant that did nice meals at a decent price, ideal for people wanting something to eat after a night out on the beer.

It was usually busy, yet some bright spark had the idea of spending £500k refurbishing it, getting rid of the chef who had been there since God was a lad, putting up the prices, reducing the quality of the food and spoiling the fun atmosphere it used to have.....No wonder it failed.

Bring back the old Kpasa!!

Regards

Doom

It used to be full of screeching orange women grabbing the waiters' arses and trying to relive their fortnight in Magaluf but the food was fantastic and incredibly cheap. After the refurb the food was less than mediocre and way overpriced but the orange women clung on. It's amazing that it didn't die long ago.

Archived