Help help asp my car making loud noises

i have just got in my car to go home from work started the car and as soon as i put it into drive i heard this lound noise and every time i went faster it got louder any one out there got any idea what this could be :help: :help: :help: this is an automatic renault clio w reg

If you say the noise started as soon as you put it into drive i'd have a good guess something has gone in your gearbox. I'm afraid to say if it is the gearbox it's probably gonna be very expensive to repair, may be cheaper to get a second hair box fitted.

My Fiat Punto is in the garage at the moment for a gear box and i was quoted around £500 for a reconditioned box and fitted! "looks like your going to have to break into the piggy bank im afraid" is what they will say unfortunatley. If its making a grinding noise in gear then its the gear box take it out of gear and roll it down a hill and see.

Ahh, automatic thats going to be a very expensive job. If its fine in the rest but not in Drive then yeah sounds like the auto box is on its way out. - If its just the bearings get it reconditioned for alot less, if they say the gears are * then your in trouble

i have just got in my car to go home from work started the car and as soon as i put it into drive i heard this lound noise and every time i went faster it got louder any one out there got any idea what this could be :help: :help: :help: this is an automatic renault clio w reg

Have you checked the Autobox oil level ? If it's low and needs topping up could be as simple as that. Otherwise the next cheapest option would be to renew the gearbox oil completley. Always try the easiest / cheapest options first ! Kev

Archived